Problems with Wavebird controller

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by ChronicMasturbator, Nov 18, 2015.

1. ChronicMasturbator
    OP

ChronicMasturbator GBAtemp Regular

Aug 22, 2014
    I've had a Wavebird controller for a few years now and at first i used it on my Wii... then Wii U using that GameCube adapter... then on Dolphin emulator using that GameCube adapter... then back on Wii U again and now finally just back to an original Wii again. For all the time i've had it it's worked great but say maybe a month ago i noticed every once in a blue moon it's like the signal has trouble meeting the receiver. Like at first i noticed that the yellow light on the receiver would blink which would cause the same effect on the screen. Like for example if i was playing a Resident Evil game and i moved the joystick forward to make the character run, instead it looked like they were hopping in slow motion.

As i said at first this really was a once-in-a-blue-moon thing however now it happens everytime i play any game with it. At first i thought i just had flat batteries but i replaced them with brand new ones and still the same. I then switched to rechargeable batteries (the store's highest recommended brand) and charged them for a full 24 hours and again same problem but yet they worked just perfect on my remote controls etc.

I then thought maybe it was signal interference from other RF devices as i have my Wii right next to my PC and i have one of those Xbox 360-to-PC adapters, plus a wireless dongle for the internet connection... plus also a set of powerline adapters plugged in the wall for my pay-tv box (all within say a 5 foot range of each other) I moved my Wii as far from the PC as i could (atleast a few good feet) and unplugged the Xbox adapter altogether but still this friggen problem exists.

Can anyone who's had a Wavebird die on them before tell me if you experienced similar symptoms before yours went and so therefore i know it's the controller... or could it be possibly still be RF interference or something else?

Last edited by ChronicMasturbator, Nov 18, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice