problems with videos

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by kesvalk, Aug 22, 2010.

Aug 22, 2010

problems with videos by kesvalk at 5:54 PM (829 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. kesvalk
    OP

Newcomer kesvalk Newbie

Brazil
    i have a wii with D2Ckey for 2 years, i needed to fix the lens because SMBB wasn't working, so i brought my wii to a local game store for them to cleanse and see if there were any problems with my lens, i got it back, and now the video are VERY choppy...

I searched and discovered that this is a problem with soft-modded wiis, but mine is a hard-modded one...

so i want to know three things, if there is anyway to know if the tech=support guys had taken my modchip out (without my conscent) and if not, if this can be a problem with the cIOS and dvdx and if lauching the games via USB loader will solve it...

thanks guys, this problem is giving me headaches...

2. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    Do you have this problem only in games or in general? Are you using the normal or a component cable? Do you have a TV which support NTSC and PAL? Sorry for all questions, but there are needed.

3. kesvalk
    OP

Newcomer kesvalk Newbie

Brazil
    i don't really play pal games, but i had the same problem with the Japanese version of MH3 (my wii is U-ntsc) i use a component cable, but i already used it before the problems, my TV supports both ntsc and Pal (M/N) now that you say it, i don't remember having this problem with Movies (when i installed the movie player i used the Dvd of avatar and it ran normally)

thanks for the fast reply.

4. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    OK, do you have super mario galaxy? You could test if the videos are also problematic...

5. kesvalk
    OP

Newcomer kesvalk Newbie

Brazil
    it is, i already played and the video when bowser is kidnapping princess peach is all choopy, the same with the dragon ball budakai 3 opening, the same with all the movies on Monster Hunter 3, subspace CGs on brawl, cutscenes on arc rise fantasia, and oddly enough, the doors on metroid prime 3 have VERY LONG loading times...

6. Slimmmmmm

Member Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

United Kingdom
    If you have the HBC on your Wii (so you can install and uninstall things) you could stub the cIOS slots, update IOS (to remove cioscorp/darkcorp) and then try to play a DVD-r of a game to see if they removed the modchip.

If the backup runs then you still have a modchip, so if you know the make of chip you could get a setup dvd and see if they changed the speed down to 3x.

7. kesvalk
    OP

Newcomer kesvalk Newbie

Brazil
    i updated my wii 4.3 some days ago, so i take the cioscorp is not intalled anymore (i just saw another thread about unistalling cioscorp, and they say you just need to upgrade and the wii will overwrite all the firmwares with original ones...) and it runs the backups like aways...

another thing i discovered (just some minutes ago) is that the GC backups are not running anymore (they were before), i am almost sure i played some melee after the wii came back (although the choppyness was already present)

so, backups run normally, but after the update, GC backups don't run anymore (just because i got a GC memory card as a present from a friend today -_-)

i was thinking in formatting the wii (backing up only what is in the sd and the savefiles), you guys think it should help resolve the problem?

EDIT: okay, i just got a pendrive and used it and the problem is gone, i still didn't looked to see if GC games run too, but at least the video problems is fixed... you guys can close the topic if you want...

thanks for all the support, i asked this in other 3 forums with no response.