Problems with Nintendont (on my vWii) :((

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by jchillin111, May 27, 2019.

1. jchillin111
    OP

jchillin111 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 20, 2018
    United States
    I homebrewed my Wii U and vWii last summer, and I decided to put Nintendont on my vWii (Nov 2017 release) to play GC games of course. It has been working great, but I am noticing major problems.

I use the Mayflash Adapter to plug in GC controllers, and everything seems to work fine EXCEPT for the new Smash Ultimate GC Controllers, they drift on every game I play. I've tried unplugging, replugging, blowing in the controller input slots... Nothing seems to work. Other GC controllers work great though and don't have any drift problems.

Please note that I cannot turn on "Native Inputs" in the Nintendont settings since there is no built in GC Port on the Wii U, so the option is automatically grayed out for Wii U users. I've researched the issue, and apparently lots of people are having problems using the new Smash Ultimate GC controllers on Nintendont, and I just cant seem to find a fix. Here's what's also weird: The new Smash Ultimate Controllers work great on everything else (i.e Dolphin, Nintendo Switch, etc.), but they just don't work on Nintendont.

PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN THANK YOU!!!!

2. Missingphy

Missingphy Pokémon Master, Console Bricker, and more...

Oct 7, 2018
    Mexico
    Hello :)
    Unfortunately, those smash ultimate GC controllers will drift no matter what you try. It happens with every single controller of this type. Only SM4SH, and original GC controllers, (and some generic ones) work with Nintendont sorry. but if you have other controllers that work perfectly, why don't use them? I've been begging for a GC controller, and you have tons of them.

3. jchillin111
    OP

Aug 20, 2018
    United States
    I only own 2. People come over and bring there own to play. Are you sure there's no way to fix the drift?

4. Missingphy

Oct 7, 2018
    Mexico
    well, then use your regulars on nintendont and the smash one on the rest of the games

5. jchillin111
    OP

Aug 20, 2018
    United States
    but i just want a fix.

6. Missingphy

Oct 7, 2018
    Mexico
    there might or might not be a fix sorry, it might just be a problem with either nintendont, or the units themselves.

7. jarbar3000

jarbar3000 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2017
    United States
    Actually there is a custom build of Nintendont someone made that (mostly) fixes the drift issue with those controllers. (I'm too new to post links so put this in front of the standard github url)
    /FIX94/Nintendont/issues/625#issuecomment-465548819