Problems with network on HBC

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Servdogg, Apr 26, 2009.

Apr 26, 2009
  1. Servdogg
    OP

Member Servdogg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    For some reason when I use homebrew apps that require a network connection, such as cIOS installer or IOS downgrader, network inintializing comes up, and then a code dump happens right after. I can't imagine what the problem could be because my internet connection works just fine for excitebots and mario kart, but when I try to run network install of anything on HBC I get code dump city. If anyone else has had a similar problem, I would appreciate some insight into this matter. I have successfully installed things before via network install, but for the past few months or so I have been having problems whenever I try to install Waninkoko's cIOS via network-I can only install with WAD install.

2. wiiman123

Member wiiman123 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

New Zealand

3. TroyTheZombie

Member TroyTheZombie GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    hmmmmm.......Lan adapter or wifi?

4. Servdogg
    OP

United States
    lan adapter

5. Servdogg
    OP

United States
    Sorry for bumping so fast. I wanted to add that I can download codes with code downloader and access homebrew browser, but when I try to run IOS downgrader or cIOS installer I get code dumps.

6. chazam1337

Member chazam1337 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Try using wifi, Lan adapter may not work?

7. Servdogg
    OP

United States
    But lan adapter works for games, and used to work for homebrew?

8. Servdogg
    OP

United States
    Well I solved my problem. Did a wad install of cIOS rev7, and then was able to use my lan connection to run IOS downgrader. Must be some sort of incompadibility with cIOS rev 10. Just out of curiosity, does anyone have rev 10 installed with the ability to use IOS downgrader via a lan adapter.

9. olliepop2000

Member olliepop2000 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I have intermittent problems using the lan adapter as well with some homebrew. Wi-fi works though. I have cios36 rev 9 and 10 installed.

10. Servdogg
    OP

United States
    olliepop, I don't think you really can have cios36 rev 9 and 10 installed. I'm pretty sure installing one overwrites the other. If you ever need to use the lan adapter for some homebrew and are having problems, find cios36 rev 7, and install that. When you install rev 7 you lose USB loader support, but you can get the network installs to work with IOS downgrader or Waninkoko's apps. Then once your finished with HBC network install stuff, just reinstall cIOS rev 10 and your USB loader will work again. Not the most elegant solution, but it does the job.