Hacking Problems with my DSTT

theboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bought a GSTT from Dealextreme about a week ago
The thing came with a Sandisk 2GB microSD card (which I'm using)

Made the mistake of not researching it first so downloaded v1.17 of the firmware from the DSTT site. Loaded it on my FAT32 formatted card along with some games in a games folder.

Getting all sorts of problems:

Games load and then freeze after the splashscreen / halfway through a game
Select a game to play and it plays a different one
Games just don't play at all

eg. Batman
Loaded no problems, played for a bit and then switched the game off.
Now when I hit New Game it constantly keeps coming up with "The DS Card has been removed"

eg. Mario Olympics
Managed to play archery and a couple of things
Now it shows the Nintendo flash screen and that is it

Panicked after reading this forum so reformatted the card as FAT, installed TTMenu and TTMenu.SYS from the original v1.1.7 firmware and then copied across the TTMenu.dat with the killer code removed from this site.

Still not working properly.

Flash check showing: MACRONIX MX29LV400B Good!! (^^)v - which I assume means it's OK
Have tried wedging a piece of paper down the side of the micro card. Batman loaded and started playing (wahey!!) and that was as good as my luck went. Games still not playing and now Batman is showing the same card missing error.

The only thing I haven't tried is formatting the micro SD card with the Panasonic utility (or swapping the card over for another come to think of it.)

Could this be the issue?

Any help / advice appreciated.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
use DSTT FLASHWRITER recovery program here

and read the following thread for HOW TO here

and fix your card ... then use the 1.17 fixed (no fake killer) file here

hopefully you should be able to fix your card
smile.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All the files you need to check and recover a fake are here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4086

Sometimes the fake checker program returns a false positive, so it's possible that you have a fake. It's also possible that you have hardware problems (there seems to be a lot of that going around as well). Either way, I'd return it to DX and get a new one.

-Bri

Enomis

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Hey all

Just to be sure I'm using the download properly, do I just put it on the files sd card alone or do i need to put on firmware as well?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but the readme files tells you how to use it.

If you're trying to restore using only one flash cart, you have to have firmware on it. Use the "TTMENU" folder from the official 1.17 menu, but use "TTMENU.DAT" from the above archive (it has the fake-killer code disabled). You'll also want to copy the other 3 files from the archive to the root of your microSD card.

-Bri

theboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers for the replies

Well reformatted microSD with Panasonic utility.

Copied across all necessary files.

Checker still showing good result, however flashed it with the writer.

Batman loads and plays, runs into the Trophy room and bam "The DS Card has been removed"
Still it gets further than it used to.

I'd return this thing if I could remember any of the details I need to raise a support ticket.

I think I might just look for a seperate product, R4 perhaps.

Thanks anyway!

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
theboy said:
I think I might just look for a seperate product, R4 perhaps.

Thanks anyway!

Avoid R4 as they are MOSTLY fakes out there now or CLONES!

go with an AceKard 2.1 they are the second most popular BUDGET card
smile.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like you're having contact problems, which unfortunately is not uncommon with real DSTT's. Return it to DX. They are aware of recent hardware problems and will generally exchange it for a new one and you won't have to pay return shipping.

If you decide to go with a different flash cart, the Acekard 2.1 kobykaan mentioned is much better than the DSTT and is only about $5 more expensive.

Whatever you do, do NOT get an R4.

-Bri

rajendra82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Due to the recent popularity AceKard2 has typically been sold out on DX lately. If you find this to be the case and need to pick another flashcart, I would also recommend an Edge. Bit more basic than AceKard2, but very well built, and the team has been updating the firmware frequently to keep compatibility high.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
rajendra82 said:
Due to the recent popularity AceKard2 has typically been sold out on DX lately. If you find this to be the case and need to pick another flashcart, I would also recommend an Edge. Bit more basic than AceKard2, but very well built, and the team has been updating the firmware frequently to keep compatibility high.

Edge is like a budget version CYCLO DS so its another good alternative
smile.gif

other stockists like RHS (Real Hot Stuff) have Acekard 2.1's in stock but not as cheap as Deal Extreme
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: