Problems with my CFW PSP

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Eight2Infinity, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Eight2Infinity
    OP

Eight2Infinity Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2010
    Hey guys, I've been having some problems with my PSP lately, and I've finally given up trying to figure out what is wrong with my PSP. Here's my problem:
    I'm running 5.50 Gen B-Full for awhile now. Lately, I've been having some problems with it. At first, when I turn on my PSP, it hangs on the black screen while the power is running. Now, I know what you're thinking, but it's not bricked. What I do is that I have to let my PSP die, plug in my power adaptor, immediately turn on my PSP and hold R to access recovery mode. Once, I get to the recovery mode, I exit and it takes me to the XMB. Now, when I'm at the XMB and I turn off my PSP and try to turn it back on, it'll put me back at the black screen. And for some reason, I try to access recovery mode, but I cannot. I wait for like a week to access recovery mode again. I tried running Hellcat's Recovery Flasher but it takes me back to the XMB saying that the Game could not be started with an error. I tried upgrading to 5.50 Gen D-3, but when I launched that, it hangs in the dreaded black screen and nothing happens.

So, as you can see, I'm kinda on a rough spot here and not entirely sure what's wrong. Do I have to run Gen C before I go to Gen D? Any help would be appreciated and I thank you all for assistance. >

2. Jolan

Jolan Unlimited Bear Works

Mar 20, 2010
    Netherlands, currently
    Get a Pandora and a MMS.

3. Eight2Infinity
    OP

Eight2Infinity Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2010
    Is there another option besides Pandora or MMS?
    If Pandora is the only option, then the option when you press select and and it has "Make Pandora Battery"
    Can I put it back to a regular battery? Or do I have to have another battery?

4. xist

xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

Jul 14, 2008
    If you can get to the Recovery Menu you can use Hellcat's Recovery Flasher from there rather than the XMB Game Menu without need for a Pandora.

5. Jolan

Jolan Unlimited Bear Works

Mar 20, 2010
    Netherlands, currently
    I think it was the "Run EBOOT at ", which should be the default HRF directory.

6. Eight2Infinity
    OP

Eight2Infinity Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2010
    Thanks for the help, you two.
    Really appreciated. [​IMG]