Problems with games not showing on DSTT menu

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by wessywoo, Aug 29, 2008.

Aug 29, 2008
  1. wessywoo
    OP

Newcomer wessywoo Newbie

United Kingdom
    Ive just purchased a DSTT with a 2gb micro memory card but been having major problems with loading the games.
    I have downloaded the software to start it up and the Grey/steel dstt menu appears on my DS and in the bottom screen it shows system options and the menu where games should appear.
    I formatted the memory card first (FAT 32)then downloaded and dragged the menu to the memory card then i dragged the games i have to the card.
    The games show up in the memory card file on my pc but not on my DS lite.
    Ive tried looking at various websites for help and have tried numerous times to get into the Offical DSTT site but the page will not load.
    Please help me.

2. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Are the ROMs you're using .zip or .rar files?
    And did you put them in the root of your card or in the system folder?

3. wessywoo
    OP

Newcomer wessywoo Newbie

United Kingdom
    Im sorry but im not at all technical. im sure they in .zip. I think all files have been unzipped. Well i definately remember unzipping the Menu file.

As for placing them on the root of the card, when i transferred the files i placed them in the main heading (removable storage F) which was showing the usb/card reader and did not put them in any sub folders.

Hope this helps...if you can understand it. Like I said Im not very technical.

4. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    wessywoo,

The description in your original post implies that you reformatted your microSD after you installed the firmware, but I assume that was not the case. If so, you need to make sure your firmware is properly installed first. There should be a file named TTMENU.DAT and a folder named TTMENU (which contains a bunch of files) at the top level (root) of your microSD card.

Then create a folder at the root of your microSD card named "games." You should now have one file (TTMENU.DAT) and two folders (TTMENU and games) at the top level of your mircoSD card. Unzip the ROM archive on your PC and copy only the .nds file to the "games" folder (no other files are necessary).

Make sure you use the "safely remove hardware" option in Windows to remove the microSD card from your PC.

-Bri

5. wessywoo
    OP

Newcomer wessywoo Newbie

United Kingdom
    thanks Bri...I started the whole process again but still no luck.

this time i dont even have the menu for system options on the bottom screen. its just a grey screen with the 9 flashing dots in bottom left hand corner. just dont know where i'm going wrong.... Am I correct in formatting the card in FAT32???.. I think im downloading the correct software but i've found so many sites with different versions (ranging from 1.08 to 1.15) im worried i've got the wrong thing. I have a folder with TTMENU and 2 files one is TTMENU DAT and the other is TTMENU sys.

6. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    download my ttds 1.15 kernel from this link here

format your micro sd (FAT or FAT 32 as ttds can use both) unzip it and there will be a folder called ENG open the ENG folder and copy all of its contents to your memory card

you should now have a folder called TTMenu full of files and a DAT file called TTMENU.dat on your memoyr card [​IMG]

make a folder called GAMES on your mem card to keep things organised and copy your previuosly unpacked game/application files into this GAMES folder .. example would be GAME1.nds or APPLICATION1.nds

then put your mem card back into your TTDS card and put it in your DS and start the DS up and hopefully it should now work [​IMG]

7. hksmrchan

Member hksmrchan GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Solution: Put .nds at the end of your game files.

ex:

Wrong: DokiDokiMajoShinpan

Right: DokiDokiMajoShinpan.nds