ANewUser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there,

So I'm trying to dump DLC from Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. However, the following problems have occurred:

1. When I loaded the DLC via Citra, it says that the DLC was encrypted (even though it clearly wasn't)
2. When I tried to verify the DLC in Godmode9, it says that two files couldn't be verified
3. When I tried redownloading (and verifying) the DLC in-game, it went through the file repair process. When I tried to verify it again, it went through the file repair process again.

I've done the following:

1. Bought a new SD card and moved my data over to it; tried redownloading the DLC. File repair process does the same thing and the same two files are corrupted in a gm9 verification test
2. Restored my system NAND and redownloaded the DLC. Same problem.
3. Formatted my system in the 3DS menu and tried redownloading the DLC. Same problem.
4. Tried to download DLC for another game entirely and test it out. Same problem verifying DLC in gm9.

What other use cases should I try here to finally get things to work?

ANewUser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Following up and saying I tried all of this with a second 3DS and I got the same issues.

EDIT: Reverted my 3DS to stock and tried reinstalling the DLC. Same issue. Tested for the integrity of my SD card; nothing was wrong with it, or my other 2 SD cards.

Last edited by ANewUser,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Following up and saying I tried all of this with a second 3DS and I got the same issues.

EDIT: Reverted my 3DS to stock and tried reinstalling the DLC. Same issue. Tested for the integrity of my SD card; nothing was wrong with it, or my other 2 SD cards.
Check if your SD card is fake, faulty, or dying.
  1. Copy everything off the SD card to a computer.
  2. Quadruple reformat.
  3. Full Write + Verify the empty card in H2testw. Do not skip.
Please follow these steps to make sure your sd cards are good. aswell. Try using a different sd card adaptor then what you are using. And turn off the file repair thing. it sounds like your pc is screwing with the files.

ANewUser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reverted 3DS to stock, reinstalled the DLC. Fa
Please follow these steps to make sure your sd cards are good. aswell. Try using a different sd card adaptor then what you are using. And turn off the file repair thing. it sounds like your pc is screwing with the files.

The file repair process was a part of Fire Emblem Echoes's download service; there is no way to "turn it off". I also tried other games' DLC without that form of repair.

Also, all my SD cards are good as per those instructions.

ANewUser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Further diagnosis: The DLC for some games are verifying 100% correctly. However, the two games which aren't verifying are Etrian Odyssey Nexus and Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia

EDIT: Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition's DLC also isn't verifying.

Last edited by ANewUser,

ANewUser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fixed the Fire Emblem games by using ThreeSD instead of Godmode9 to dump the data. The Fates data came out 100% clean. The Echoes data has some dummy data which is lying around, which I see as no concern as of the moment. However, the real kicker is that Nexus fails to work, with the error message "unable to load add-on content" popping up every time I open the game.

EDIT: seems some of the DLC is accessible, while others aren't. Back to the drawing board.

Last edited by ANewUser,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality