Hacking Problems with a WII

t_jay17

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My brothers wii came up with a screen saying that something was corrupted and it needed to be formatted. He formatted it and then tried to install the homebrew channel with the INdiana pwns and it says that the ios to do it is not on the wii. How do i fix this?

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
My brothers wii came up with a screen saying that something was corrupted and it needed to be formatted.
I've never seen a wii ask the user to format it...that function is news to me.
QUOTE said:
it says that the ios to do it is not on the wii.
I'm assuming you're referring to the "No Vulnerable IOS" message in the Hackmii Installer? If so, did he have cIOSCORP?
try the modify any wii guide in the stickies
He only needs to reinstall HBC. The rest of that guide would be pointless since cIOSes aren't deleted by formatting.

cacildo

Went and came back
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
techboy said:
QUOTE said:
My brothers wii came up with a screen saying that something was corrupted and it needed to be formatted.
I've never seen a wii ask the user to format it...that function is news to me.

Belive me: it does happen. You try to turn the wii on and right after the disclaimer screen you get a disastrous black screen saying theres some corrupted files and you need to format or something.

Luckly i searched the internet before taking any measures.... and turns out that if you do nothing the problem maybe just go away

I did nothing... and after happening twice the problem really did went away.

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was on 4.1U and on startup, totally at random, it says, "the wii system menu is corrupted." Havent had it happen since I updated to 4.2. I dont think it tells you to format, but I could be wrong. I had to unplug my wii and then it would be fine.

@techboy If he follows the guide he will update and not ever see that message again. Its just easier to tell users to follow the whole guide that way they have everything they need and it doesnt turn into these special cases.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kind of figured CORP was the issue. It's been answered on here many times. Launch a tool like DOP-Mii from Indiana Pwns or Bannerbomb, then install an IOS36 and IOS61. Say No all the patches. After that, try to install HBC, it should install fine.

@TRushInfo: That guide won't work on his wii in its current state. The first step is to install HBC, which he clearly can't do right now.

t_jay17

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I get it to start the dol from Dop-Mii to start with the inidpwns it tells me that it needs an elf file?

t_jay17

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It says that it is not a valid elf Ill try bannerbomb.

When I tried it I was able to run dop-mii and I installed those ios and then when trying to get the homebrew channel on it stills says there are nonvulnerable ios and it cant install it.

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
download cioscorps or maybe the new darkcorps...
then use its uninstaller!
then install hbc!
use whatever exploit is available for you to do so!
then install darkcorps!

-kitt

t_jay17

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried dark corps lite and it couldnt uninstall it download to 84% and stopped and errored.
Then I tried the full version which would not come on and just stayed at a blank screen.
How can I fix this help Please?

olliepop2000

Trophies
XP
Country
was it this message?
DeadWii1.jpg

you may have just assumed you needed to format it, then afterwards when it messed up claim the wii told you to do it
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1