ROM Hack Problems while editing texts of Bravely Default

waterforce99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I'm working on improvements of localization of BDFtS, everything went smoothly at the beginning. I successfully unpack the rom and extract files from crowd.fs, I managed to edit major files. But when I start to edit files which also include texts in 'Graphics' folder, I found that all files extracted are missing with filename extension and I cannot figure out how to open them, I used textbook to open one but only saw garbled content, but there's some texts on the top are actually readable, it says:
'r o o t b l y t M A P _ E V _ 1 1 0 0 . b c l y t t i m g d u m m y . b c l i m M A P _ E V _ 1 1 0 0 . b c l i m n a m e _ 0 1 . b c l i m CLYT' and 'dummy.bclim MAP_EV_1100.bclim name_01.bclim'.
屏幕截图 2022-02-08 180350.png

I recognized that both .bclim and .bclyt are crypted 3ds files, but I still cannot open them using specific tools. Other information in this file suggests that it might be a crypted sheet file.

I also tried to open those editable files with .txb, .tbl or .btb extension (most of them have an .xls file with corresponding name which can be easily edited) and they are all unreadable as expected, but this time on the top of messes there are letters 'BTBF'. After searching for information I found that it is another type of crypted 3ds file. I searched for tools to open it in the whole internet and nothing was found, but there was someone years ago in this forum posted message which mentioned that there was custom BTBF file editor available.

Is there anyone who can help me with this situation and anyone knows how to open those files with garbled contents plzzzz

MarvinXLII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The file you showed is a darc file (see the first 4 bytes). You extracted it from a crowd.fs file, but it would need to be further unpacked with some other tool to get the bclim and bclyt files. To edit the text in what I believe is the bclyt file, you would need yet another tool to do it properly. I've never worked with any of those file types, so I can't really help with this.

If you really are stuck you could edit the text with any hex editor. Just realize that any town/place name (e.g. Altar of Darkness) must remain smaller than the default name. If your translated name is too long, you'll have to abbreviate it. If it's too short, you'll have to replace extra letter with spaces.

waterforce99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
The file you showed is a darc file (see the first 4 bytes). You extracted it from a crowd.fs file, but it would need to be further unpacked with some other tool to get the bclim and bclyt files. To edit the text in what I believe is the bclyt file, you would need yet another tool to do it properly. I've never worked with any of those file types, so I can't really help with this.

If you really are stuck you could edit the text with any hex editor. Just realize that any town/place name (e.g. Altar of Darkness) must remain smaller than the default name. If your translated name is too long, you'll have to abbreviate it. If it's too short, you'll have to replace extra letter with spaces.
Oh you are the provider of the crowd editing tool, I've been using your tool for a long time.
You so great! But recently I have some problems with your tool, I've sent you a private chat, it will be so nice if you don't mind to check. Thank you very much!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over