Problems Restoring .raw Files With ctr-gcs (Using DacoTaco 0.2b)?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ouch123, Aug 3, 2012.

1. ouch123
    OP

Member ouch123 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hey everyone. So I recently purchased a third party memory card for use with ctr-gcs. Basically, I made a save in Phantasy Star Online, backed up the .raw, loaded it up in Dolphin, played for a bit then restored the .raw to my physical card. It didn't restore properly and so it corrupted my memory card. I next decided to test what went wrong by restoring my original dump to the memory card, to make sure Dolphin didn't o anything to the dump to make it not restore properly. Sure enough, it didn't work and I still ended up with a corrupt memory card. To the best of my knowledge, ctr-gcs is working when I use .gci files, so I have a plan I'll try next to see whether or not I can get this to work with PSO, since PSO saves are copy-protected. In the meantime, does anyone have any ideas as to why I couldn't restore even the original dump I made? Many thanks in advance for any input.

UPDATE: I have just finished my additional testing. So, if I make a raw dump, load it in Dolphin, save and then export the .gci for the character file, it's a no-go. However, I was able to load a .gci exported from Dolphin for another game and that worked just fine, so I'm assuming that PSO reading the imported .gci as corrupted is because of PSO's own internal checks. If I try to restore the whole .raw though, it's definitely an issue with the restore, as Nintendo's data manager reads the card as corrupt.

UPDATE: I got it to work by copying the System File, Guild Card and Character Data. I think the issue was that PSO checks the timestamp on all three of the files to verify whether or not the save is valid, so earlier when I only backed up the Character Data, the check failed. Having said that, .raw files are stil an issue for me, so if anyone has any ideas about that I'd still greatly appreciate it.