Problems installing Virtual Console channels

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by kiantsu, Nov 17, 2008.

Nov 17, 2008
  1. kiantsu
    OP

Newcomer kiantsu Member

Korea, North
    Evening,

I'm having problems using some of the Virtual Console wads that can be found on the internet.

I have a PAL Wii, no chip, 3.2E, Homebrew Channel 9 installed, cIOS36 rev7 w/ BL0.3g, IOS51 & Shop Channel hack installed, and I'm using Wad Manager v1.3 for installing/removing channels.

I got some channels to install, as MegaMan 9 with downloadable content and Final Fantasy from WiiWare, Ocarina of Time and Zelda 1 from Virtual console... Which I can't use. After setting their regions to PAL (if they weren't already) I procceed to install them, and everything seems to be fine, but when I try to play them, only a black screen shows and it throws me back to the main menu without showing any error, just sends me back to the main menu.

It happened with the channels mentioned above, but with others such as Super Mario Bros., Sin & Punishment or Pokemon Snap didn't, and work perfectly; also does Columns, which I just installed.

Could anyone please tell me what the problem is and maybe a solution?

Thanks.

2. Sim00

Newcomer Sim00 Newbie

New Zealand
    I was browsing the forums and when I saw your post I had to sign up because I have had EXACTLY the same problem and I think I can help you.

I had to installed Mega Man 9 on a PAL Wii but every time I loaded it up it was a black screen for a few seconds then it booted me back out to the system menu. I had go other wads such as Sin and Punishment and WOrld of Goo working so I didn't know what the problem was.

I then found out that apparantly to play some of the newer Wiiware games you have to update your Wii. I was not in the position to do this since I don't have an internet connection. After browsing and looking for answers I came across this thread:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=110711

The second post was VERY helpful. I followed his instructions exactly, downloaded the files, unpacked the mega man wad, modified it, and repacked it. I then installed it just like I had to work, and it now works flawlessly on my Wii that hasn't been updated all year.

(Also, in case its helpful, I used an NTSC .wad and converted it to PAL in the process).

Hope that helps! (I'm kind of a noob to this kind of stuff so I may be wrong about some things. But I know it worked for me [​IMG])

3. kiantsu
    OP

Newcomer kiantsu Member

Korea, North
    Thank you very very much, it worked perfectly!

To anybody with the same problem, just follow that thread's steps, it'll work.