Hacking problems after using modmii

regcallum

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i already had homebrew channel on my wii from years ago but updated it with modmii, xflak talked me through it and everything was fine untill i got a couple of new backup disks done.

i have backup disks that i used to use on the old homebrew channel and these work fine after remodding but when ive made new ones using dvd-r disks
(ive done 3 now) i try to load them in neogamma and get this message every time

DVDERR(1208), DISK ID

at the bottom of the screen it says

NEOGAMMA R9 B47, CIOS56 REV20 SLOT249

can anyone notice anything im doing wrong? its been doing my head in for days now. cheers

regcallum

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
gecko was the program i used to use before i redid the wii and neogamma was put on.

dont know if putting this back on and trying it with the new backups will sort it or would it make no difference?

ankc

Trophies
XP
Country
i'm not too knoeledgeable but try older versions of cIOS...saw people getting issues with rev20....

regcallum

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
to be honost i just followed the modmii guide to softmodding the wii i wouldnt know how to change to an older version of cios or try fixing it??

ankc

Trophies
XP
Country
go to download page 2 on modmii...there you will see different versions of cIOSes....try 24917....saw people going back to this when they get problems....

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Why do people even use backup launchers anymore ? What's the point ? Hassling with disks, burning them and all that wastes money.. When you could simply launch them off an external harddrive ..

regcallum

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cheers for the replys ill have a look into it.

@distrance; maybe it has something to do with the fact i dont have an external harddrive and a pack of blank dvds doesnt quite cost as much as one

regcallum

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
managed to sort the problem, turns out it was just the disks i was using, they were dvd-r's but grade b's. ive got some grade a's now and everythings ok.

cheers for everyones comments

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/kTzpzBF.mp4