Problem

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Ala, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Ala
    OP

Ala Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2013
    Poland
    Kraków, Poland
    A few weeks ago I've bought an Acekard 2i for my Nintendo DS Lite... At first I was using an 8 gb micro sdhc card of some unknown brand, and everything seemed to be working fine. But after two days of usage, it started crashing down, I had trouble loading some games. This week it stopped working at all. I even bought a new sdhc card (16 gb Hama), and redownloaded the firmware, but nothing helps :<
    (I tried with the newest Akaio, as well as with the official firmware).
    When I switch on the DS with the Acekard in, it just shows "loading" in blue :<
    I tried cleaning it.
    Does anybody know what may be causing the problem?
    (sorry for my English)

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Try using a different MicroSD reader too.

3. Ala
    OP

Ala Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2013
    Poland
    Kraków, Poland
    He? What difference would that make? I don't really understand, but I'll try with a different one. Thank you.

4. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    The MicroSD readers that come with flash carts tend to be low-quality ones, and can overheat while transferring data, corrupting it.

5. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    if the "loading..." text is stuck when you first boot the acekard then it is either a file issue or a contact issue. as rydian said, a poor msd reader can cause file corruption while it is simply writing data. if one or more of your main akaio files are corrupted or not properly transferred you may not be able to load the menu.

start by reformatting your card using the panasonic formatter. drop on a clean, fresly downloaded copy of akaio 1.9.0 and 1 homebrew/game. try booting it. if it fails to boot, verify that all of the files in the akaio archive made the transfer and that their CRC values match. if you know the files are good, but the card is still failing, then you are most probably experiencing a contact issue.

more info here: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Solving_Acekard_2i_Contact_Issues

unfortunately, it is always possible that your acekard is a clone. more info here and here

-another world

6. Ala
    OP

Ala Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2013
    Poland
    Kraków, Poland
    Thanks for the answers.
    Ok, it's not the reader. And I don't think it's a contact issue either... I tried the paper trick, didn't work. My nds can see the Acekard, but not the SD card in it... I tried formatting and checking the files, on both cards. I tried checking the code, but guess what! Two of the numbers are missing! Like if they went off with the glue. I think I've had enough already... I phoned the shop and they told me to send back the card and they'll give me another one for free. First thing to do after it's shipped: check the code...

7. Xarsah16

Xarsah16 GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot

Oct 6, 2007
    Hyrule
    Which shop did you order from?

8. Ala
    OP

Ala Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2013
    Poland
    Kraków, Poland
  9. Another World

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    i have many kits that can be seen by the firmware but as soon as you boot them they freeze at "loading...". they are all contact issues. the paper trick isn't as simple as the guide makes it seem. it may take paper of varying thicknesses, paper shoved at just the right angle, or even for the PCB to be reseated in the case.

when you peal off the hologram on the new card make sure you do it really slowly. if you end up pealing away the part of the code, try looking at the sticker to see if it is readable.

-another world

10. Ala
    OP

Ala Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2013
    Poland
    Kraków, Poland
    But if it was a contact issue, I should start having problems right away after using the card for the first time, right? It couldn't just magically change it's size one day... or could it? xD Well, it doesn't matter anymore, I will be getting a new one next week. I hope this one won't have any issues...

11. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Wear and tear and compress a cart bit by bit.

12. Another World

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    my first ak2i went through thousands of beta tests and i never had a single issue with it. then one day, for no reason, it froze up during game play. during that week it got worse, to the point that the contact issue made the card unrecognizable to the firmware. i have other cards that boot up just fine but if i move the ds while playing the contact issue causes a freeze. so to answer your question, a contact issue can present itself at any point from the initial firmware recognition to freezing after hours of successful gaming.

-another world