Hacking Problem with Zelda Skyward Sword

PowerOfSlash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I played Wii Sports Resort before and watched the WM+ video so I guess I should have problems.
And I have the R9 beta 47 one, It's the latest right? So everything should work fine after I finish downloading the appropriate ISO and do the ModMii stuff.

Thanks a lot guys :)

Umm but there is something else I want to know: what is a Wad? or Wad files in general.
And I have Neogamma R9 on my HBC channel, I mean I don't have Neogamma as a channel but as a HBC app. Will It make any differance?​

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
there's no difference between channel or HBC apps.
one is installed on the wii and you launch it from the Wii menu, the other one on SD or USB and you launch it from HBC.

A wad file is a file wich contains all the needed files for the wii and instruction to install them at the correct place.
It's like an archive (zip, rar, etc.) with installation instruction for the Wii.

You use "Wad managers" to install/uninstall their contents.

PowerOfSlash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I see. But I won't need it right? Because when I read some tutos about how to install Neogamma there were 2 ways (using Wad or the .dol app)
That's awesome. I hope this time it works :) Thanks Cyan!
60% download! :D

PowerOfSlash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright so I finished downloading the PAL version and successfully burned it.
Now for ModMii: I seriously don't understand how to use it properly.

So for a start, I'm going to remove everything from my SD card.
I updated ModMii to 4.80. Can someone tell me how to use it? Someone said I need to fix my cIOS files to make Zelda work. But I don't know how.
Also I'v played Redsteel and Wii Sport Resort which are WM+ games so I shouldn't have WM+ problems.

PowerOfSlash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright so I installed Neogamma R9 beta 50, installed the cIOS and tested the burned DVD but It did not work (DVD ID error)
Umm the DVD I used was a DVD-RW one. Maybe I should burn the ISO on a DVD-R?
The ISO I downloaded was a PAL one btw.
Help please D:

PowerOfSlash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, I'll get a new DVD+R or -R and burn it again :)
Hope It works!

Another thing: when I burned the old ISO on a +R one I got better results than with the new ISO (PAL) burned on a RW DVD (With the R+ one, It says "launching game" in Neogamma then It searches for the menu files but says "no menu file found". whilst with the DVD RW it says "DVD ID error" then "DVD+R/bad burn/DL problem?")

Edit: Can you suggest a burner that can set the booktype to -R?
Thanks

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
And what error does it run into with the DVD+R? If you get the read error at the disc id directly, something is completely wrong, and in this case it's using a RW. If you get a read error in the middle of the loading process, there's a chance that it's a broken .iso, but in 99% cases it's a bad burn and/or dying drive.

If you get past reading the disc id, then the DVD+R is set to DVD-R, some burners do it automatically.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Another thing, I can't buy ZSS because I live in Tunisia and we don't have gaming stores x_x Yes..

this is a lame excuse imo. seeing that you can use the internet where you live, you could use it to buy a retail copy of the game on amazon or ebay...

Edit: on a sidenote, as this thread is all about getting a downloaded iso to work, i think mods should close this thread. op go and buy the game.

PowerOfSlash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Another thing, I can't buy ZSS because I live in Tunisia and we don't have gaming stores x_x Yes..

this is a lame excuse imo. seeing that you can use the internet where you live, you could use it to buy a retail copy of the game on amazon or ebay...

Edit: on a sidenote, as this thread is all about getting a downloaded iso to work, i think mods should close this thread. op go and buy the game.
We can't even eShop. And I'm not lying. You can come here and see things yourself.
If I we could do eCommerce in Tunisia, I would of done it a long time ago.
Next time make sure you don't say something stupid.

FelixleFix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why don't you just buy zelda? This is zelda lol loz, the definite last zelda for the wii.

Maybe this is another game that won't work, I've never gotten Monster Hunter 3 to actually work.

Downloading a game is not nesseserly illegal or imoral. There are people that want to play their games from the backups they make themselfs or download someone elses.

OP did not creat a thread to get judged for his buying decisions. He has a problem and ask for help. Make a usefull or informative post or dont post at all. Nobody cares about your moral opinions.

You don't need modmii (but you can if you really want to update your hacks).

Oops, mistaken with another topic where I was helping someone else :P

You know there's a delete button right? :P

I played Wii Sports Resort before and watched the WM+ video so I guess I should have problems.
And I have the R9 beta 47 one, It's the latest right? So everything should work fine after I finish downloading the appropriate ISO and do the ModMii stuff.

Thanks a lot guys :)

Umm but there is something else I want to know: what is a Wad? or Wad files in general.
And I have Neogamma R9 on my HBC channel, I mean I don't have Neogamma as a channel but as a HBC app. Will It make any differance?​

Neo gamma refers to the possible reasons it can't load the game. bad dl means bad download or corrupted file. See if there is a md5 hash to checksum. cIOS missing means there are no custom IOS's installed on your wii. They are nessesery to load game backups. Getting them installed is part of softmodding your console. There are many tutorials (I used wiihacks's one) to do a complete softmod. Also there are all-in-one softmod packets like modmii that will do the job.
There are also DVD compatibility issues witch I believe is the problem your are dealing with. Wii can load many DVD-R s and some +Rs. Google for a "wii compatibility list wiki" to find it.

There is an alternative way to load your ISO game backups. From a USB device. By softmodding your wii you can also install USB loaders wich can load an ISO directly from a USB device. There are also here compatibilit issues. Google for the list.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol