Homebrew Problem with wiiu haxchi

Evmothepirate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so a couple weeks ago I installed haxchi on my wii u and soon after I realized that when I played a game with loadiine then close it. but after every session i would try to go and use haxchi again but it would crash!
if someone has a solution it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so a couple weeks ago I installed haxchi on my wii u and soon after I realized that when I played a game with loadiine then close it. but after every session i would try to go and use haxchi again but it would crash!
if someone has a solution it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
Why are you using loadiine it is a very old and out of date method of playing games??

Evmothepirate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well what can I say, I'll start to use it but all of my games are on loadiine and I don't want to have to download them again so the proproblem still remains

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
as long as the game works with loadiine, you are free to use it.
though, some games lag a lot, and some are just unplayable due to extreme lag (Zelda needs 10 minutes to load and pass the white frozen screen)

but after every session i would try to go and use haxchi again but it would crash!
You mean if you don't reboot?

when you use the browser hax to launch the homebrew launcher, the console is patched in memory until you reboot.
To prevent a "repatch" (and freeze, because expected values are already patched and therefore not found by the patcher), you need to launch the homebrew launcher without doing the hax again.
the homebrew launcher is installed at the beginning of the Mii channel. launching Mii channel actually launches the homebrew launcher.

Now, I'm not sure haxchi is working the same way, but it's a good idea to try launching Mii channel the second time you want to launch a homebrew.

browserhax -> wii patching (installing HBL elf at the start of Mii channel) -> launching Mii channel to load HBL located in the Mii maker channel.
if you exit HBL, you'll notice Mii maker channel continue its execution and the console actually loads mii channels.
Mii channel -> HBL -> exit -> Mii maker app

If you launch Loadiine (whether you launched hbl with haxchi OR browserhax), the Mii channel's "first program part" is replaced with Loadiine, replacing HBL.
if you want to launch Loadiine after exiting a game, launch the Mii channel instead !

if you want to go back to HBL after exiting a game from loadiine :
Loadiine -> play game -> exit -> Mii channel (which will launch loadiine) -> Exit loadiine -> Will exit back to HBL (will unload loadiine from Mii channel and re-set HBL into mii channel) -> if you exit HBL you'll have Mii channel continuing its execution.

I thought everything was explained in Loadiine's thread. expecting people to read the guide I took time to write for loadiine :/

Last edited by Cyan,

Evmothepirate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as long as the game works with loadiine, you are free to use it.
though, some games lag a lot, and some are just unplayable due to extreme lag (Zelda needs 10 minutes to load and pass the white frozen screen)

You mean if you don't reboot?

when you use the browser hax to launch the homebrew launcher, the console is patched in memory until you reboot.
To prevent a "repatch" (and freeze, because expected values are already patched and therefore not found by the patcher), you need to launch the homebrew launcher without doing the hax again.
the homebrew launcher is installed at the beginning of the Mii channel. launching Mii channel actually launches the homebrew launcher.

Now, I'm not sure haxchi is working the same way, but it's a good idea to try launching Mii channel the second time you want to launch a homebrew.

browserhax -> wii patching (installing HBL elf at the start of Mii channel) -> launching Mii channel to load HBL located in the Mii maker channel.
if you exit HBL, you'll notice Mii maker channel continue its execution and the console actually loads mii channels.
Mii channel -> HBL -> exit -> Mii maker app

If you launch Loadiine (whether you launched hbl with haxchi OR browserhax), the Mii channel is replaced with Loadiine.
if you want to launch Loadiine after exiting a game, launch the Mii channel instead !

if you want to go back to HBL after exiting a game from loadiine :
Loadiine -> play game -> exit -> Mii channel (which will launch loadiine) -> Exit loadiine -> Will exit back to HBL (will unload loadiine from Mii channel and re-set HBL into mii channel) -> if you exit HBL you'll have Mii channel continuing its execution.

I thought everything was explained in Loadiine's thread. expecting people to read the guide I took time to write for loadiine :/

Oh k I'll try that. Thank a lot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: That's a relief to hear. Do you know what happened?