Hacking Problem with Wad Manager, some help advice please

DeathGrind

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having a strange error when using WAD manager. I have tried WAD Manager v1.2, v1.21, and v1.3. When trying to install a .wad i immediately get "ERROR! [RET -1]".

I searched around and could not find a solution. I read in some post's that upgrading the HomeBrew channel would correct the problem, so i upgraded to the current v9. The problem still persists.

Here is a short history of my Wii:
-NTSC. 3.1u firmware
-installed homebrew channel v8 via twilight princess hack
-played with homebrew and wad manager 1.21 to install/uninstall various WADs. All with success.
-installed the cIOS for leaked waninkoko backup loader & DVDX
-installed the cIOS for wiiGator v0.3 backup loader via HBC
-installed the cIOS read-retry fix for WiiGator backup loader via HBC

I have never uninstalled any CIOS, never had the need to. I have not tried using wad manager since installing cIOS with read-retry fix. Today I decided to upgrade to WAD Manager 1.3 and try it out and got the error i stated(i tried other versions all give the same error).

I was trying to install WiiShizzza_combined_BLC, and backup loader v0.3rev2 channels, other .wads as well.I can't seem to figure this out.
Anyone have any advice/help for me.

Thanks

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Download the zip in my signature and take the wad manager out of the apps folder and try that from homebrew 9

If that fails its a cIOS corrupt somewhere as i know it works perfectly with HBC 9

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had those errors before and sometimes after I get one of those errors I reset the Wii and try reinstalling it, sometimes that works for me.

Other times I didn't have enough Wii memory or there was something wrong with the WAD. That is just from my experience with WAD's.

DeathGrind

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks to all for the information. I just got off work, sorry for the delay in my reply.

djtaz said:
Download the zip in my signature and take the wad manager out of the apps folder and try that from homebrew 9

If that fails its a cIOS corrupt somewhere as i know it works perfectly with HBC 9

Which one? Sorry, i would dl them all but i am on crappy verizon wireless internet now.

thank you, i will try that Wad Manager.
So if i have a corrupt cIOS, how would a resolve that. I assume with ciso uninstaller, but i am weary about deleting/uninstalling any c/IOS on my system.
Also, all my other apps works, eg. Emulators, Backup Loaders, & media players.

Also i read somewhere that A cIOS fix resolves this problem on some post/board somewhere, but i can not find the cIOS fix file.

Thanks again everyone for helping me try to resolve this issue.

DeathGrind

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i tried cIOS installer with no luck, same error received.

I will have to dl the pack in djtaz sig later as my internet is being really slow, and my room mate is playing poker on his laptop and dl files wrecks/slows down his game.
What version of WAD Managers is included in the pack?
I get WAD Manager from waninkoko's page http://wii.waninkoko.info/

As i said this problem arose after installing the cios with read-retry (at least i think so).
Hmmm well i keep researching and check back in a few hours.
Thanks

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would uninstall the cIOS and reinstall.
tongue.gif

DeathGrind

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i uninstalled the cIOS and reinstalled and still had the same error.

I figured out the problem, It was a dumb mistake by myself.

I was trying to install 3 wads that i "downloaded" that were INCOMPLETE. The file's themselves were not incomplete, my shitty verizon internet screwed up the download somehow. As i was dl'ing them all at once I never got a single complete .wad. I downloaded WiiShizzza_combined_BLC that is around 2.5MB but all i got was 277kb of it, glad i double checked that.

So I am assuming that 'ERROR! [ret = -1]" means that your trying to install a wad that is not COMPLETE.

Anyway a big THANK YOU for all the help and advice.

at least i got over the fear of uninstalling a cIOS....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Probably alot better than a 660ti