1. Eiiru

OP Eiiru Newbie
    Newcomer

Czech Republic
    So, I bought a version 3.0 sd2vita since Sony memory cards are ridiculously expensive, and I’ve been using it for a day or two, when some of the apps and games started having problems reading the files on it. I tried to open terraria when an error popped up, that I should reinstall the game from the download list. Now, I’m using pkgj to download my games, so I went there, and it said that NoNpDrm is missing. This is when I realized what was happening, since I only installed NoNpDrm on the microSd card I was using, and not onto the vita itself. I tried to open a few other games, all showed the same error, but curiously enough, when I checked vita shell, all the game files were there. I formatted the memory card and loaded all the content back on, the error still continued happening, even after a reboot. What is strange, is that my GBA emulator was able to read the GBA games on the micro SD, unlike any other app except vita shell. This made me unsure of what the problem was.

At the end, I reached the conclusion that the adapter didn’t work, and so I ordered a new one. But I wanted to ask here, just to be sure, what do you guys think is the problem here? Thanks for the answers!

2. masenko

masenko GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    sound like a plugin problem to me, what error message was it? can you take a picture of it?

Eiiru likes this.
  3. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    ux0 (the memory card) overrides ur0. ur0 is best, because you don't have to worry about a faulty memory card or sd2vita. either way, nonpdrm should be read afaik. it does sound like a faulty card or micro sd. might even be a plugin I guess. do you have your config.txt handy? I use a 3.0 and a 5.0. I only use the 3.0, because the 512GB micro sd card is difficult to remove from the 5.0, but the 400GB card I have in it, is easy to remove. the 3.0 also suffers from the fact that it's not the right size for the vita, so the dust jacket doesn't close all the way. it's possible that it's not making contact with the pins inside the game slot as a result of this.

Eiiru likes this.
  4. Eiiru

OP Eiiru Newbie
    Newcomer

Czech Republic
    Here’s the config.txt and the error message I get when I try to open any game. 118971C3-3B38-4721-B904-B23BCCC21099.jpeg DE7B9B10-56F9-4503-AA98-35E5F6E0752B.jpeg

EDIT: The micro SD shouldn’t be the problem, just checked and it works with the PC just fine, not sure if that applies to the vita too tho.

Last edited by Eiiru, Sep 22, 2020
  5. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    you have storage manager and gamesd.skprx. you only need one or the other. you also have ref00d and 0syscall6. you also need one or the other.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

0syscall6 is probably the superior of the two. also, you should install yamt, which is superior to storage manager and gamesd. it installs to boot_config.txt, so it's quite a bit faster. I use the lite version, which has mass storage and ux0. I think the full version might have more.

Eiiru likes this.
  6. Robika

Robika GBAtemp Regular

What is the brand of the memory? I just bough one off brand that as listed as 128gb and it appeared as 128 but upon a H2TESTW it turned out the card was 32gb.

Eiiru likes this.
  7. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    here's my configs for point of reference (everything works 100%):

upload_2020-9-22_14-2-49.png

upload_2020-9-22_14-3-25.png

btw, yamit lite is made by @Aurora Wright , the dev behind luma on the 3ds, so if you like her work, I strongly recommend it. it's just for micro sd and mass storage for the vita memory card. for other things, you should get the full version. I only need lite, because I don't even have a vita memory card inserted. it's much faster than gamesd or storage manager, because it's part of boot plugins.

Eiiru likes this.
  8. Eiiru

OP Eiiru Newbie
    Newcomer

Czech Republic
    This is the SD card:
    F49849FA-39B4-4DB9-9B55-9994DE601168.jpeg
    It’s 64 GB like it says. I’m going to try to get rid of the unneeded files and I’ll try out the new adapter once it arrives, so after that I’ll know where the problem is.

9. Eiiru

OP Eiiru Newbie
    Newcomer

Czech Republic

Tried removing some of the things I didn’t need, sadly it didn’t work, but I’ll try to reinstall ref00d and gamesd, I’ll see if that works. If it doesn’t I’ll just wait for the new adapter and see, but maybe I’ll just reinstall most of the skprx files that I had. Thanks for the help so far!

10. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    I suggest putting gamesd or storage manager first in the list of kernel plugins. then, place nonpdrm.

Eiiru likes this.
  11. Eiiru

OP Eiiru Newbie
    Newcomer

Czech Republic
    Thanks, I’ll try that!

Hey guys! The problem is fixed! I edited the config.txt and reinstalled all plugins and now it works just fine! Thanks for all the help

godreborn likes this.
  12. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    you can remake the config.txt if something is wrong with it. there's an option for it in henkaku settings in system settings fyi.

Eiiru likes this.
  13. nowhereman87

nowhereman87 Member
    Newcomer

Argentina
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - properly, Problem, sd2vita