Hacking Problem with R4 card

gizmo001i

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
I have a problem with my sons R4 card. I have tried searching the web and forums, but haven't been able to get an answer that suits all the problems I have. First off, when my son inserts the card into his DS lite and switches on, he gets like a red memory card come up with MENU? in red, inside the box. Now I have read that this could be a Firmware problem. However, when I plug the card into my computer, I cannot view any files on the card, even though it says that the card is full. I tried pasting new firmware to the card and it said that there was no room on the card. If anyone can give me some advice, which would mean all my sons files remain intact, I would be very pleased (as would he). The card was working fine last night, but stopped working this morning. The only other thing that seems strange is that on my computer, it states that more space has been used on the card than is actually available.
I am running windows 7 on my computer. The R4 card has the URL: www.R4I-SDHC.COM. As I say it was working fine with no signs of a problem before hand. Any advice will be very welcome.
Many thanks
Ian

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think you should check the hidden files

1) Go into your SD Card
2) Go into Options
3) Choose folder options
4) Choose "Show hidden files"
5) Click Apply

gizmo001i

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for that RoMee, but I have already done that. My computer always shows hidden files and I re-checked when the problem came up.

pjmorie

Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds like the Micro SD card is after getting corrupted and will have to be reformatted.
If you are going to reformat the card use the 'Panasonic SD Card Formatter' which can be downloaded for free as this will format the SD card correctly.
There is a probably a way of copying the data before you format the card even though you can't access it at the moment so I would hang on until someone can advise on this.

PS: I had one of these cards and found it very troublesome -> just my opinion.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gizmo001i said:
Thanks for that RoMee, but I have already done that. My computer always shows hidden files and I re-checked when the problem came up.

than you should format the card...

did you backup your games/saves?? because it would suck to lose them and having to replay them all over

pjmorie

Trophies
XP
Country
gizmo001i said:
Thanks pjmorie, I will hang on to see if I can save anything for my son.

I have seen on threads here before sudgested ways of recovering data from SD cards when your PC can't access them but can't remember what or where they were. I'm sure someone will give you some help so 'don't panic' yet.
If you do manage to get it sorted don't forget to back-up all the data for when it happens again.

XoxconnorxoX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Honestly your better off formatting it if you cant access anything on the card. My N card did this as well first it just had random files with weird names wouldn't load the card then it had nothing and said the card had 3gb of files on it when it was a 1gb card. So format and start over and if you didn't backup your games make a folder in your documents on your pc and put all your games in there. Thats what i do =]

gizmo001i

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, before I format the card, I want to save as much data as possible. I have tried a couple of data recovery programs and the stuff is still on the R4 card. The biggest problem I now have is that the recovery software doesn't recognise the ROMS and so won't recover it. Does anyone know of any recovery software which will recognise the ROM files. Once again, any help will be very appreciated.
Many thanks
Ian

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
gizmo001i said:
OK, before I format the card, I want to save as much data as possible. I have tried a couple of data recovery programs and the stuff is still on the R4 card. The biggest problem I now have is that the recovery software doesn't recognise the ROMS and so won't recover it. Does anyone know of any recovery software which will recognise the ROM files. Once again, any help will be very appreciated.
Many thanks
Ian

Well, you can try to remove the files from the card. Or just copy them from card to pc, or even "find them" again.

If you choose to delete, You can run Pandora recovery thing. But im not sure if it will find rom after you format.

I deleted my folder with all my games on Card and recoverd the saves and roms with panodra recovery, and all work (except one) There is no guarantee that it will leave your files uncorrupted, but I'd say give it a shot

mywiistuff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just had the same problem.

I used the free version of this program: Easeus Data Recovery Wizard, which I found here http://download.cnet.com/Easeus-Data-Recov...4-75184619.html.

The Free version allows you to recover 1GB of info, which should be at least enough to get your *sav files, and maybe a few ROMs, all of which it was able to see. The program lets you sort by file type after it scans.

Hope it works for you, it did for me... learned a valuable lesson.... backuuuuuuuuuuup.
hate2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yeah agreed