Problem with Pokemon Diamond on DSi

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by thebigboss14, Jul 8, 2009.

Jul 8, 2009
  1. thebigboss14
    OP

Member thebigboss14 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    First of all, when I trade to look for pokemons in the GTC it just freezes trying to find any pokemon I want to trade. other is than when I playing then I close my DSi for a moment to do something else I still hear the music but when I open it, it is totally black I tried pressing every button, the touchscreen and nothing happened. After all I could move and everything but I think that theres something wrong with the wifi function and the DSi I dont that what I guest. Any ideas? [​IMG]

2. bwillb

Member bwillb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    well you've either got a bad pokemon cart or corrupted firmware.... do any other games give you trouble? can you try the same cart in a different DS? (either another DSi or a lite/phat)

3. thebigboss14
    OP

United States
    good call, I going to try it in another DS, but I dont know if I could find another DSi but I'll see what can I do. No al the other games plays smoothly. I think is my pokemon data in the cart. If it is my pokemon cart or the firmware what can I do?

4. bwillb

Member bwillb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    if it is the pokemon cart, you can either get a new cart or use a flashcard with a rom.
    if it is the firmware, get an update from nintendo.

5. thebigboss14
    OP

United States
    well could I back up my save file to my computer and then erase it using a DS lite with a EZ-Flash V 3-in-1 and my M3 DS Real because I have almost all my pokemos how I like them at a great level a with good things( also some cheats but what can I say just a few) would that fix the cart erasing the save file using the menu of Pokemon or by other method

6. fieryjake31

Newcomer fieryjake31 Member

Australia
    are you using the actual pokemon diamond game or the downloaded one like on r4,m3 or g6?

7. kenyab2009

Member kenyab2009 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    get a new firmware make sure it is official

8. thebigboss14
    OP

United States
    You mean for the DSi or what because I download the lastest from nintendo and there is no difference

9. kenyab2009

Member kenyab2009 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    whoops my bad i thought you were using a flashcart maybe you have a defected game cart

10. thebigboss14
    OP

United States
    well I think I going to sell all my old game IDK yet, but do you know if I erase the data that would solve the problem or the cart is totally ruined