Hacking Problem with PKGremotesender

DS92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
I get this error when trying to send PKGS now, i restarted my PS4, my PC, nothing helps.

help.PNG

ItsmeAJ

Trophies
XP
Country
You should uninstall some old games to claim more space for the new pkg with patch then try again.

Sometimes ps4 needs free space 2x-3x the original pkg's size. I'm not sure the definite steps ps4 does to completely install a pkg with patch/update but these steps below will give you a general view.

Free space: 44

-12GB taken by downloading the pkg from pc with remotepkgsender, now you have 32GB left
-12GB unpacking and -12GB installing, you have 8GB left. This is where I'm not sure if the ps4 allows this low available space, it may need to more free space by deleting old games.

The error showed on your post I've encountered sometimes when installing patch to a game. For example, Red Dead Redemption 2 which already used up to 100GB, if my ps4 only has around 90-100GB free space left. It didn't allow the 10GB patch sending from PC, my guess is ps4 needs to put 100GB game to a temporary folder, then patch the game and create new 100GB game with patch applied, once it's done, the 100GB game on temporary folder will be deleted and free space will be claimed back.

This looks like the game updating procedure on pc. I saw the warzone claimed nearly a hundred GB of free space to update with only a few gigabyte patch downloaded.

Last edited by ItsmeAJ,

DS92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
You should uninstall some old games to claim more space for the new pkg with patch then try again.

Sometimes ps4 needs free space 2x-3x the original pkg's size. I'm not sure the definite steps ps4 does to completely install a pkg with patch/update but these steps below will give you a general view.

Free space: 44

-12GB taken by downloading the pkg from pc with remotepkgsender, now you have 32GB left
-12GB unpacking and -12GB installing, you have 8GB left. This is where I'm not sure if the ps4 allows this low available space, it may need to more free space by deleting old games.

The error showed on your post I've encountered sometimes when installing patch to a game. For example, Red Dead Redemption 2 which already used up to 100GB, if my ps4 only has around 90-100GB free space left. It didn't allow the 10GB patch sending from PC, my guess is ps4 needs to put 100GB game to a temporary folder, then patch the game and create new 100GB game with patch applied, once it's done, the 100GB game on temporary folder will be deleted and free space will be claimed back.

This looks like the game updating procedure on pc. I saw the warzone claimed nearly a hundred GB of free space to update with only a few gigabyte patch downloaded.
thanks, i got the game to install, can you help with my other post here.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/ps4-storage-claiming-2-small-games-are-70-gb.590152/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night