Problem with Modem

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by I am r4ymond, Nov 8, 2011.

1. I am r4ymond
    OP

I am r4ymond PFE

Sep 18, 2009
    United States
    Ionia
    I noticed a problem with my internet connection. Whenever I use the laptop, connect via wireless connection, and stream videos/surf the internet, the modem (AT&T 2Wire Gateway 2701HG-B) would have one of the LED lights (either the one labeled DSL or Internet) flash red and linger for a few minutes until it goes back to normal, which should be a solid green color. But when I stream videos/surf the internet via ethernet cable, the modem would not flash red at all and each LED light would be a solid, constant green. I have no idea what the problem is. It's very annoying having to constantly wait a few minutes after the modem returns to normal, and it's also annoying having to keep the ethernet cable plugged in (this defeats the whole purpose of a laptop...a portable computer). The funny thing is that the modem does not flash red whenever I download/stream videos/surf the internet on my iPod Touch...Does anyone know a solution to this problem? Many thanks for helping! :D

I do not want any customer service from AT&T because my last customer service experience with them was shit, and I just want to fix this problem ASAP.

2. Critica1

Critica1 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 4, 2011
    United States
    CA
    Did you recently change your ISP/DSL service? From the reports I'm getting on google, flashing red lights is from changing and still having the ATT modem.

3. I am r4ymond
    OP

I am r4ymond PFE

Sep 18, 2009
    United States
    Ionia
    Does upgrading from Basic DSL plan to Pro DSL plan count as changing? I upgraded my internet and got my laptop 3 months ago, so I can't tell if the same problem still occurred before I upgraded. I was trying to Google my problem, but I could not quite simplify my choice of words.

4. The_Dragons_Mast

The_Dragons_Mast GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2007
    Egypt
    Well I tried my googling skills & it led me to this . Apparently it's a common problem in your router model so try what people suggested there & see if anything work .

5. I am r4ymond
    OP

I am r4ymond PFE

Sep 18, 2009
    United States
    Ionia
    Ah, yes, that is the same problem I'm having. Switched to 802.11b as a result. I hope this solves the flashing red issue.

Thanks for the help guys. :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice