MindC0ntroll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah...another PC problem :mellow:

I just got a new monitor (ASUS VH238H 23" Full HD 1080p HDMI LED LCD Monitor, 2 ms), BTW which looks really great, and an NVIDIA GTX 560 ti N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC graphics card (used) on eBay with an Arctic Cooling Accelero Twin Turbo II aftermarket GPU heatsink

Anyway, it turns out that the graphics card is an ATX while my motherboard is a Micro ATX which means it's pretty big inside my mid-size case (NZXT Lexa S). I had to remove my Internet PCI-E card just to install the graphics card and even then, I could barely get the PCI-E connectors to connect to the graphics because there was literally no room left for it.

The monitor I have came with a DVI connection, which I am currently using right now, and the graphics card came with an HDMI adapter that connects to it. When I booted up my PC with the DVI connection, it wouldn't recognize the DVI connection but when I used an HDMI connection with the HDMI adapter to the graphics card, it recognized it but set the resolution to a crappy one and it didn't even take the whole screen. And because I disconnected my Internet card, I couldn't connect to the Internet, since the Ethernet port from my motherboard apparently doesn't work for jack $h!t (it keeps telling me to download the Network drivers even though I already did for my Internet card

Is there a way around this? Or should I just sell the graphics card and buy a Micro ATX card? And how come the Ethernet port on my motherboard doesnt work while my Internet card works perfectly? And the crappy resolution on my monitor even though Im using an HDMI adapter, what's the deal with that?

Zaertix

One Stop Nintendo Shop on Mixer!
Trophies
Website
mixer.com
XP
Country
United States
1. You do know you can change the resolution right? You are never stuck with it..... -facepalm- Not even worth complaining about.

I'm going to assume the MB has an onboard GPU. Use that to have your PCIE internet card in and go to the MB manufacs site and download the drivers and flash the bios to the latest. That should get you up and running with the ethernet port. If it doesn't RMA it?

If it does, screw the PCIE card and use the GPU you bought.

MindC0ntroll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. You do know you can change the resolution right? You are never stuck with it..... -facepalm- Not even worth complaining about.

I'm going to assume the MB has an onboard GPU. Use that to have your PCIE internet card in and go to the MB manufacs site and download the drivers and flash the bios to the latest. That should get you up and running with the ethernet port. If it doesn't RMA it?

If it does, screw the PCIE card and use the GPU you bought

1) That's what I did. When using the DVI connection, the resolution is automatically detected @ 1920x1080p while with the HDMI adapter, it's probably at a crappy 480p resolution, and the resolution doesnt even take up the whole screen, Im left with a small viewing screen with black bars around it. Plus, it doesnt even detect my monitor with the HDMI adapter, it only goes up to 1080x700-something resolution.

2) Yeah I think my motherboard has an onboard GPU, it's an ASUS P7H55 M-Pro motherboard, LGA 1156 socket. Im not sure it's a driver issue because I already checked the Device Manager and I have no missing or non-working drivers for the Network adapters. And Im a bit weary of flashing the BIOS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL