1 bit SD card mode and crash when inserting a game cartridge

rob61

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A year ago I sent my early Switch to a known cell phone repair (youtube videos of fixing Switch) and they replaced the SD card socket on the motherboard. It came back and worked perfectly. One year later, same "1 bit" error when injecting hekate. So I sent it back to them, telling them to check the SD card reader and socket, and re-solder/replace if necessary. I get it back, it didn't even read SD cards. Back again, and now the Switch still only works in "1 bit" mode, but now it crashes if you try to insert a game CARTRIDGE. I do not think they soldered/replaced anything in the SD card reader/receptical.

OFW is still at 10.3. Switch has never connected to the internet. I had updated firmware to 14.1.1 using home brew under Atmosphere. In frustration, I re-initialized the Switch. Still get 1 bit error in hekate and it still crashes with error if I insert a game cartridge.

If I connect to the internet and update OFW to current through Nintendo online, will that "patch" so I can't use the NVidia exploit anymore with my jig and dongle? I can't update with Atmosphere/home brew. Anyone else deal with this error when inserting a game cartridge? Any suggestions on why I'm getting the 1-bit problem? Is there a way, not being able to run Atmosphere, to update OFW?
screen 3.jpg
screen 1.jpg
screen 2.jpg

Raugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You need to update the OFW or disable the nogc to fix the cartbridge problem, the rcm exploit is a hardware vulnerability and then is not possible to patch with a firmware update.

Reactions: rob61

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche