Hacking Problem with HotD 2 & 3 and USB-Loader 1.1

Harry Potthead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi there,

i have a strange problem with HotD 2 & 3. I own the Original PAL Version of this game and dumped it via USB-Loader 1.1 to my HD. Now HotD 2 isn't working! HotD 3 still works !!!
If I select HotD 2 and press a Button the Screen will be black and thats all. Can someone help me, please
unsure.gif

MrFlooD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you have a disc in the drive? Some games require a disc in the drive to load (De Blob and Metroid for Example)

It can be any disc, I recommend Wii Sports.

twtcad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this same problem, only I transferred the iso using WBFS_Tool in windows and yes I have a game in the cd tray except it's a copied game. I'll try it again w/ Wii Sports in once I can get my wife off the Safecracker game.......LOL I asked her to test the 30 games I had loaded so I could delete the iso's off my computer to copy more and she got stuck on this game; it may be a while...............

D

Deleted User

You need to patch the ISO to use IOS 249 - same with Gamma - after doing that it worked fine for me.

Lafie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The games that required you to patch the .iso to IOS249 or to have CIOSCorp installed for it work on the Backup Launcher, don't work yet with the USB Loader. These games include:
- House of the Dead 2 (not 3, for whatever reason)
- Medal of Honor Heroes 2
- Red Steel
- Splinter Cell Double Agent (im not sure about this one)
- Mortal Kombat (im not sure about this one either)
- FIFA 08
EDIT: it seems patching the .iso to IOS249 also works with the USB Loader, I've had no success yet, but it should work.

Games that never worked:
- Sam & Max Season 1
- I believe there are some more....

More info here

wiiv1.5owners3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Solitaire and Mahjong Sticks on black screen...i got cioscorp installed and when i load house of dead 2 and 3 when i load number 2 the wii resets

Harry Potthead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Takeshi said:
You need to patch the ISO to use IOS 249 - same with Gamma - after doing that it worked fine for me.

Hi Takeshi!

What do you mean with patch the ISO to use IOS 249? Can I do a patch like IOS 60 and so it's for every Game or do I must patch
now every single Game again to use it with the USB-Loader from HD?
unsure.gif

D

Deleted User

Harry Potthead said:
Takeshi said:

Hi Takeshi!

What do you mean with patch the ISO to use IOS 249? Can I do a patch like IOS 60 and so it's for every Game or do I must patch
now every single Game again to use it with the USB-Loader from HD?
unsure.gif
It's only for certain games. You should create an .iso from your original disc with IMGburn and use 'IOS Version Patcher' for patching it to use IOS 249. It's not like the IOS 60 patch (here it's the IOS that's patched), because with this method you only tell the ISO to use IOS 249 and not the IOS # it normally uses. There aren't many games who require this, just look at Lafie's post.

Lafie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can someone please confirm the process for patching .iso files to IOS249 so they work with the USB Loader. I'm trying Red Steel here and I'm 100% sure the .iso is correct (so not corrupt) and I'm using Waninkoko's IOS Version Patcher v1.1. I patch the IOS to IOS249 and then I transfer the .iso to my WBFS Partition with the wbfs_win.exe tool. I use USB Loader 1.1 on my Wii (PAL) with cIOS revision 09. When I try this patched Red Steel it crashes to the system menu almost immediately.
Can anyone point out what I might be doing wrong or if this process should have worked (which would leave me with more questions than answers...)

Thanks.

Lafie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Im not supposed to bump, but honestly I cant find any good reports and descriptions for using IOS patcher with the USB Loader. So please, help..... 8-|

D

Deleted User

It's exactly what I've done with the HotD 2 ISO. I don't have Red Steel so it may be possible that this won't work with every game.

You could try using USB Launcher v1.0 maybe there's a difference, but I doubt it.

richy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've also had problems getting HOTD2 to work after I've patched the IOS to 249 on my 1:1 copy. I've tried it twice using IOS patcher 1.1 and all it does is exit to the main Wii menu when you try and play it (this is using v1.1 of the loader, I think v1.0 just freezes on a black screen like an unpatched copy does when I try using the gamma launcher). To be honest, I've never got HOTD2 running before using gamma either but that's because I've not tried a patched copy of the game (didn't want to burn another copy!)

I've also got a 1:1 copy of Metal Slug Anthology so I'll try the same on that and see if I can get Metal Slug 6 working or whether that fails as well.

I'm pretty sure I'm using the patcher correctly as I checked the patched ISO image after patching and IOS patcher told me it used 249 to load.

D

Deleted User

I was pretty sure that I played the second one, but then again, it may have been HotD 3. I don't have a Wii here right now to test again. So, apparently patching to IOS 249 doesn't work. Sorry for the confusion!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Probably One UI 2.0
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That is cheap. Love it they advertise false info, like 11" screen, but in specs it says 10.5". Like TVs do same all the time.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is sad. His 2 movies were good. Informative about our food industry.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    This was one of the craziest movies I've seen about our food industry, lots of stuff I didn't know. A must see. https://youtu.be/OqzjC-ENrl8?si=GYxmdY5nShzGniVi
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Oh, that dude?
    I stopped believing or caring about that dude when I found out about some of the more questionable nonsense he did in his life.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like what? I didn't know or hear.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean like every famous person that ever existed
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get so tired of hearing oh I liked him until...
    I just know dude was a chronic alcoholic and such.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been to his chicken restaurant he started in his 2nd movie, Holy Chicken, was pretty good. It is only 15-20 miles from me in Ohio. It only lasted 1 yr or so then closed tho.
    There are very few people I just have just an immense dislike of and he's one of those very few people, the only other example is Gene Simmons. My musician uncle on my mother's side of the family actually met Gene once during some event and said he was the most unpleasant person to be around.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I met myself once turns out that guy is a giant piece of shit that doesn't deserve any of my respect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn alcoholics! (Sshhh- Opens another beer)
    Agreed, Ken
    I can't say I've ever tried even a sip of beer tbh-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You met yourself also and is a giant piece of shit?
    +1
    Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug
    I'm sure it's an acquired taste :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Poor lad can never enjoy the amazing taste of four loko
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.