Problem with getting to Command Prompt using Windows 7 Recovery Disc

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Delta517, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Delta517
    OP

Delta517 Its okay...Im a ninja ;)

Nov 25, 2008
    Norway
    Hi! :D So I'm trying to fix a friends PC, since it won't boot up. I readt some online on it and a lot of people suggested to reinstall the MBR using the Command Prompt on the W7 Recovery Disc. The problem I have is that I choose my recovery disc, click Repair Computer, selects my Windows 7 installation, but as soon as I click next it automatically starts the Startup Repair, not letting me choose anything. :S I tried letting the startup repair fix it, but of course it says that it couldnt locate the problem -.- I also tried booting "Safe Mode and Safe Mode with Command line", but to no success :(

Help? :)

2. The_Dragons_Mast

The_Dragons_Mast GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2007
    Egypt
    Here you go http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-7-recovery-environment-command-prompt/ .

3. Delta517
    OP

Nov 25, 2008
    Norway
  4. Magsor

Magsor I am watching you

Dec 1, 2010
    Canada
    Amos
    You don't have to go all the way to whatever just press shift-f10 as soon as you get into windows install.

5. Delta517
    OP

Nov 25, 2008
    Norway
    Thanks! :D This worked perfectly! :D Sadly I didn't fix my problems with the PC :( The problem is that it goes directly into Startup Repair right before the Windows Logo starts it animations... :( Any ideas from you awesome people? :)

EDIT: BTW what I tried was the command "bootrec /fixmbr", but it didn't fix the problem :/

6. Zetta_x

Zetta_x The Insane Statistician

Mar 4, 2010
    United States
    What is it exactly saying when it won't boot up?

You can do a upgrade windows 7 on the disc (with same version of windows) to refix the boot stuff.

1 person likes this.
  7. Magsor

Magsor I am watching you

Dec 1, 2010
    Canada
    Amos
    Windows 7 is convenient with this kind of problems because can can boot from a vhd therefore you don

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice