ROM Hack Problem with Garctool

tempacc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
vsPkg1f.png

This error pops up every time I attempt to repack a folder with garctool somewhere throughout the process. I have tried both uninstalling and re-installing garctool and using an entirely new romfs.

UPDATE: This problem has been resolved. It turns out it was antivirus software that was scanning my files that led to this error, so I recommend to anyone reading to disable antivirus software in the Task Manager when running GarcTool.

Last edited by tempacc,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This error pops up every time I attempt to repack a folder with garctool somewhere throughout the process. I have tried both uninstalling and re-installing garctool and using an entirely new romfs.

The error says the file "dec_2235.bin" is being used by another process. Close all other instances of the programs you were using to edit the garc and try again. Alternatively, restart your PC and then repack it.

tempacc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The error says the file "dec_2235.bin" is being used by another process. Close all other instances of the programs you were using to edit the garc and try again. Alternatively, restart your PC and then repack it.
I have tried doing so. It seems a different program is viewing the garc occasionally or GarcTool is detecting itself as a separate process.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried doing so. It seems a different program is viewing the garc occasionally or GarcTool is detecting itself as a separate process.
That's why I said check in task manager in case two services are running at the same time with only one instance of the program. The last time you exited probably didn't close out properly. If a restart doesn't even work, than I've no idea Lol. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DJPlace @ DJPlace:
    FC99ToY.gif
    oh nice it works
  • elk1007 @ elk1007:
    lol cant tear the membrane
  • S tempBOT:
    SonowRaevius has left the room.
  • Seriel tempBOT:
    Seriel has left the room.
  • Seriel tempBOT:
    Seriel has joined the room.
  • Seriel tempBOT:
    Seriel has left the room.
  • Seriel tempBOT:
    Seriel has joined the room.
  • Chary @ Chary:
    ok
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Vagina, that is all.
  • Seriel @ Seriel:
    I couldn't work out how to leave chat rooms so I ended up "logging out" of chat and joining back again, but it wiped history
  • Seriel @ Seriel:
    So now the first message I can see

is Chary saying "ok"
    Wipe history month, next we examine the history of toilet paper.
  • Pandaxclone2 @ Pandaxclone2:
    Live chat again, eh?
  • G @ gbatempfan1:
    Congrats on a successful site upgrade, afaik. Looking forward to even more decades.
  • Seriel @ Seriel:
    @Psionic Roshambo, that sounds really interesting actually. what is the origin story
    of toilet paper?
    "Tests indicate that tree bark is too rough and Trog complain when I use his hair..."
  • Seriel @ Seriel:
    but its not like they would have found toilet paper lying around, at what point did they learn to make it
  • Seriel @ Seriel:
    im so invested in this now
    Probably when politics first got printed...
  • Seriel @ Seriel:
    good point
  • Megadriver94 @ Megadriver94:
    How do you add images on here
  • BORTZ @ BORTZ:
    weiners
  • CPG @ CPG:
    incredible
  • Seriel @ Seriel:
    @Megadriver94 theres a button for it lol, but it only accepts a URL
    Zj5yYmn.png
  • banjo2 @ banjo2: