Problem with Garctool

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by tempacc, Feb 7, 2017.

1. tempacc
    OP

tempacc Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2017
    [​IMG]
    This error pops up every time I attempt to repack a folder with garctool somewhere throughout the process. I have tried both uninstalling and re-installing garctool and using an entirely new romfs.

UPDATE: This problem has been resolved. It turns out it was antivirus software that was scanning my files that led to this error, so I recommend to anyone reading to disable antivirus software in the Task Manager when running GarcTool.

Last edited by tempacc, Feb 9, 2017
  2. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    The error says the file "dec_2235.bin" is being used by another process. Close all other instances of the programs you were using to edit the garc and try again. Alternatively, restart your PC and then repack it.

3. tempacc
    OP

tempacc Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2017
    I have tried doing so. It seems a different program is viewing the garc occasionally or GarcTool is detecting itself as a separate process.

4. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    That's why I said check in task manager in case two services are running at the same time with only one instance of the program. The last time you exited probably didn't close out properly. If a restart doesn't even work, than I've no idea Lol. Sorry I couldn't be more help.