Hardware Problem with Gallery

CakeBuffet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all. After updating my Switch firmware to 9.1.0 and running into several problems, I managed to get thing flowing smoothly again. Though not a huge problem, when I try to open up the normal gallery, it instead boots automatically to the Homebrew Menu without me holding R. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks in advance.

LeMageFro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can replace the line "override_key=R" by "override_key=!R" in SD/atmosphere/loader.ini, after that HBL should launch when you hold R and the album should launch when you don't.

CakeBuffet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can replace the line "override_key=R" by "override_key=!R" in SD/atmosphere/loader.ini, after that HBL should launch when you hold R and the album should launch when you don't.
Thank you for your response. I tried this three times, and I still encounter the same problem. Any ideas as to what may be the cause?

EDIT: I checked the patch notes for Atmosphere. Apparently, the opposite is true now. The Album will not open unless R is held. But still, I appreciate your help!

Last edited by CakeBuffet,

LeMageFro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for your response. I tried this three times, and I still encounter the same problem. Any ideas as to what may be the cause?

EDIT: I checked the patch notes for Atmosphere. Apparently, the opposite is true now. The Album will not open unless R is held. But still, I appreciate your help!
After checking the patch notes for Atmosphere 0.10.0 I've found the reason why modifying loader.ini didn't work :
"Atmosphere's configuration layout has had major changes.
  • Configuration now lives inside /atmosphere/config/.
  • Correspondingly, Atmosphere no longer distributes default configuration inis.
    • Templates are provided in /atmosphere/config_templates.
  • loader.ini was renamed to override_config.ini."
So if you copy loader.ini to /atmosphere/config/ and rename it override_config.ini it should work as you wanted with the line "override_key=!R".
Alternatively you can copy the sample available in /atmosphere/config_templates and remove the ; at the beginning of the line "; override_key=!R".
I can't test this right now so tell me if it works.

Last edited by LeMageFro,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/hYkEl-3x92A?si=JSDoEc2QCDOrtimz