Hacking Problem with CFW RX-tools

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what if it is outdated? Use what works for you.

You people seriously need to get off your high horses and let people use what they want.

This. So much this. While if someone asks me what cfw they should use on a new setup, I certainly wouldn't recommend rxTools at this point, if someone does have a working rxTools setup, and doesn't want/need the features of the newer cfw's, then by all means, leave them alone to use what's working for them. That being said, being that the OP's question is in regards to GBA stuff, it might be a better idea for them to look into a9lh, since it supports GBA and such right out of the box with luma/cake's (because it can survive the reboot properly and boot back into a patched up environment).

Segtendo

#TeamMarie
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
This. So much this. While if someone asks me what cfw they should use on a new setup, I certainly wouldn't recommend rxTools at this point, if someone does have a working rxTools setup, and doesn't want/need the features of the newer cfw's, then by all means, leave them alone to use what's working for them.
I will say that rxTools is good for people starting to hack their 3DS'. For a more advanced user, it might seem too simplistic.

I'm not too concerned yet about upgrading to A9LH, mostly because I heard that the set-up has a chance of bricking the console if done incorrectly. Plus, I heard it's a little more risky on a New 3DS, so I'm holding off for now.

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will say that rxTools is good for people starting to hack their 3DS'. For a more advanced user, it might seem too simplistic.

I'm not too concerned yet about upgrading to A9LH, mostly because I heard that the set-up has a chance of bricking the console if done incorrectly. Plus, I heard it's a little more risky on a New 3DS, so I'm holding off for now.
You won't brick if you follow the guide.
Most of the process has become automated anyway so that's no longer a good reason to not install A9LH.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up