Hacking Problem with a game

Link615

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First to save space in my main SD Card, I copied the USB Loader GX folder and all of it's contents to my apps folder in my other SD Card, and then I put my ISO in the other SD Card and loaded the game. I can load screens, but after I select a stage, it gets stuck on "NOW LOADING" and never loads. I am using DML r59 (and I will not upgrade. 1.4b makes the games crash after pressing the power button.) Could I try deleting the config and all other stuff like "cache" in my other SD Card and then trying again?

AntiPhotonz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First to save space in my main SD Card, I copied the USB Loader GX folder and all of it's contents to my apps folder in my other SD Card, and then I put my ISO in the other SD Card and loaded the game. I can load screens, but after I select a stage, it gets stuck on "NOW LOADING" and never loads. I am using DML r59 (and I will not upgrade. 1.4b makes the games crash after pressing the power button.) Could I try deleting the config and all other stuff like "cache" in my other SD Card and then trying again?
It's probably trying to read the dol off the other sd. That be my guess. Just have everything on one SD. Delete cover (or disk) art if you have to save space.

Link615

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably trying to read the dol off the other sd. That be my guess. Just have everything on one SD. Delete cover (or disk) art if you have to save space.
I can't. My main SD is already running out of space.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sounds like broken iso file. To make it sure I suggest you to use the DML Booter (see the dml game channels thread for a melee channel directly).

Link615

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like broken iso file. To make it sure I suggest you to use the DML Booter (see the dml game channels thread for a melee channel directly).
sure you copied the GX folder?
also try CFG

FIX94: It's not broken. I always test ISOs on the Dolphin emulator. If it was broken, it wouldn't have worked on Dolphin. And on Dolphin, I didn't have any problems. I went through a whole fight without issues.
Luigi: I am absolutely sure I copied the GX folder. My forwarder channel wouldn't work if it wasn't in my SD.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well we'll see if it works with the booter, if it doesnt too then something is not right because the game works for sure :P

fig2k4

Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
Since it doesn't work in both loaders and DML booter, you can rule that out straight away. Dolphin doesn't care about the size, speed or how your card is formatted but it matters to DML. Make sure it's formatted as FAT32 with at least 32KB clusters, 64KB would be better. Just because your "main card" worked with r59, doesn't mean the other one will. The newer version of DML might have better compatibility with the other card, so it's worth a try.

Have you tried loading the ISO in Dolphin directly from the other card? It's still a possibility that the ISO got corrupted. From what you said, it looks like you only tested it before copying it to the card.

Did you ever have this ISO working in DML? You have converted it using DiscEx or GCIT before trying to use it with DML?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If DML Booter doesnt work you can say for sure something is wrong with the file, I can then just suggest you to convert a clean ISO again using GCIT or one of the programs in my guide.

Link615

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since it doesn't work in both loaders and DML booter, you can rule that out straight away. Dolphin doesn't care about the size, speed or how your card is formatted but it matters to DML. Make sure it's formatted as FAT32 with at least 32KB clusters, 64KB would be better. Just because your "main card" worked with r59, doesn't mean the other one will. The newer version of DML might have better compatibility with the other card, so it's worth a try.

Have you tried loading the ISO in Dolphin directly from the other card? It's still a possibility that the ISO got corrupted. From what you said, it looks like you only tested it before copying it to the card.

Did you ever have this ISO working in DML? You have converted it using DiscEx or GCIT before trying to use it with DML?
It's FAT32, with 32KB clusters, this is the first time I tried with DML, and I converted it with DiscEx. I also shrinked it with GCMUtitlity.
EDIT: Yeah, my other card wasn't compatible. I'm playing on my main card, and it works like a charm. There is also much shorter loading times between screens before fights.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all