Hacking Problem using wwt verify

  • Thread starter Thread starter Garro
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 3,615
  • Replies Replies 9

Garro

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2009
Messages
719
Reaction score
456
Trophies
2
Age
33
Location
Somewhere
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
3,056
Country
Chile
Today I finally decided to convert my WBFS partition to FAT32, but when I started wbfs2fat I got the Error 6 (WBFS is corrupted: Blocks used multiple Times). So I used "wwt VERIFY -a -R" to remove the bad dumps. But wherever wwt tries to remove a game I get this:
Code:
C:\>wwt verify -a -R
*****  wwt: Wiimms WBFS Tool v2.06a r3832 cygwin - Dirk Clemens - 2012-06-15  **
***
* Summary of WBFS Check: 232 errors found:
232 WBFS sectors are used by 2 or more discs!
Total: 39 discs are invalid!
WBFSv1 #1/1 opened: /dev/sdb1
+OK	  1.0/74  UPDATE  R2DPJW Dokapon Kingdom
+OK	  1.1/74  DATA	R2DPJW Dokapon Kingdom
>scan	2.0/74  DATA	SMNP01 New Super Mario Bros. Wii
>info					  TICKET is well signed. TMD is fake signed. Partition
is encrypted and scrubbed.
+OK	  2.0/74  DATA	SMNP01 New Super Mario Bros. Wii
+OK	  3.0/74  UPDATE  RUUE01 Animal Crossing: City Folk
!H0-ERR  3.1/74  DATA	RUUE01 Animal Crossing: City Folk
- REMOVE disc [RUUE01] Animal Crossing: City Folk
!! wwt: ERROR #39 [INTERNAL ERROR] in ExistsWDisc() @ src/wbfs-interface.c#4079
!!	  Internal error
Theres any way to fix this? Or another way to fix my WBFS partition?
 
options:

a) remove the offending games because it might be bad (mabe back it up somewhere)

b) use WBM to verify and remove bad games (tools -> sha1)

c) use wbfs2fats ignore-error-6 option to convert regardless
and later use wit or WBM to verify them (because both the good and bad games stay exeactly as they are)

edit:
afaik wiimms tool have the ability bo make a so called skel file that wiimm can use to analyse what went wrong
maybe try to create it first
 
options:

a) remove the offending games because it might be bad (mabe back it up somewhere)

b) use WBM to verify and remove bad games (tools -> sha1)

c) use wbfs2fats ignore-error-6 option to convert regardless
and later use wit or WBM to verify them (because both the good and bad games stay exeactly as they are)

edit:
afaik wiimms tool have the ability bo make a so called skel file that wiimm can use to analyse what went wrong
maybe try to create it first

If you convert regardless then won't you have a cross linked file? I guess chkdsk can sort that though.
 
options:

a) remove the offending games because it might be bad (mabe back it up somewhere)

b) use WBM to verify and remove bad games (tools -> sha1)

c) use wbfs2fats ignore-error-6 option to convert regardless
and later use wit or WBM to verify them (because both the good and bad games stay exeactly as they are)

edit:
afaik wiimms tool have the ability bo make a so called skel file that wiimm can use to analyse what went wrong
maybe try to create it first
Okay, I'll try option b. Theres a difference between wwt and wit in terms of effectiveness? Also, wouldnt deleting the bad game would mark the blocks used by the good game as free? (then another game would overwrite those blocks).

I dunno how to create a "skel file". I'll try to look how to.

I did a Verify without the remove command, and backed up every game that didn't get a !H0-ERR. I guess another option would also be to format my hardrive.

Thanks for the replies.
 
Theres a difference between wwt and wit in terms of effectiveness? Also, wouldnt deleting the bad game would mark the blocks used by the good game as free? (then another game would overwrite those blocks).
no difference one is for partitions the other for files
generally it would mark the block as free yes, but a) afaik not in wwt and b) it does not matter is you are going do convert it before adding a new game

I would simply remove all games that have !H0-ERR and run wbfs2fat
 
Theres a difference between wwt and wit in terms of effectiveness? Also, wouldnt deleting the bad game would mark the blocks used by the good game as free? (then another game would overwrite those blocks).
no difference one is for partitions the other for files
generally it would mark the block as free yes, but a) afaik not in wwt and b) it does not matter is you are going do convert it before adding a new game

I would simply remove all games that have !H0-ERR and run wbfs2fat
I removed the bad games and ran wbfs2fat and I got this:
Code:
W2F: checking for WBFS
W2F: analysing WBFS
W2F: creating FAT filesystem
W2F: creating placeholder Files
W2F: linking used Blocks to FilesTraceback (most recent call last):
File "", line 11, in 
File "f:\pyinstaller\build\pyi.win32\wbfs2fat\outPYZ1.pyz/wbfs2fat", line 583, in main
File "f:\pyinstaller\build\pyi.win32\wbfs2fat\outPYZ1.pyz/wbfs2fat", line 495, in convert
File "f:\pyinstaller\build\pyi.win32\wbfs2fat\outPYZ1.pyz/wbfs2fat", line 341, in link
struct.error: integer out of range for 'I' format code
 
run it again with higher verbosity to see which game is the problem
(-v in cli or verbosity 2 in gui)

edit:
and please try the latest beta of 0.8.6 before:
http://www.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/~t_schmid/wbfs2fat/
 
run it again with higher verbosity to see which game is the problem
(-v in cli or verbosity 2 in gui)
I tried with verbosity 2 and 3, in 2 it shows a few games ID and got the same, error, with 3 it shows all my games ID, then the first few games ID and got the same error. With verbosity 4 I didnt get any error but it took too much time to load each game ID.

I decided to simply backup the games somewhere and format the old fashoned way. Thanks PsyBlade for your time and help.
 
just for the record:
that's what was supposed to happen

generally it would even considered to be a serious bug if verbosity options
changed behavior in any way other than telling you more about what is going on

btw:
thanks for the report that level 4 slowed things down
it should not do that

bye
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted