Hacking Problem updating the shop channel

erolz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,

I am trying to update the shop channel on my 4.0E Wii.
I tried the 4.2 safe updater but this app tries to get v17 while the shop is now at v18.
the installer reboots to the HBC.

I tried WiiSCU,
IOS 61 as -trucha and choose to update wii shop.
Content 1/10 ..done
...etc
Content 7/10 ..done
error request....
the installer reboots to the HBC.

Is there an other way to update the shop channel?
thank you!

erolz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
dai-a said:
Get NUS downloader from wiibrew. Click the box Pack--->Wad

And then get Shopping channelv18. Install via wad manager

wich title id and version should I grab in NUS? (got a 4.0E Wii)
is this the right one?
0x0001000248414241 v18

erolz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
TroyTheZombie said:
use NUSdownlopader beta3. it just has a drop down menu.

Pick database, system channels, shopping channel, latest version. (v18)

just go to wiibrew.org for the latest version of nusDownloader.

just did. nusDownloader gives me this message:
--- Shopping Channel ---
Starting NUS Download. Please be patient!
Grabbing tmd...
Grabbing cetk...
Searching for certs...
- Cert CA-CP Located!
- Cert CA Located!
- Cert CA-XS Located!
Requires: IOS61
Content #: 18
Total Size: 25911960 bytes
Grabbing 00000052... (435904 bytes)
etc..

Do i need to install IOS61 before upgrading the shop c hannel?

jono400

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Same problem here guys updated my shop channel last night with the aid off the above programme also added the ios61 required, browsed the wii shop last night without being asked to update my 4.1 e system, tried again today but unfortunatly just getting a white screen after it loads up, i have tried the internet test and the wiiflow loader is loading up new covers okay from the net so looks like its the actual wii channel thats playing up.

could be just the actual site that is down ?? again tried internet testand it confirmed that the test was succusful and did I want to update - obviously pressed no thank you !!!

white screen after the wii shop channel loads ?? site down or what ??

p.s can anyone confirm if I download the internet channel browser from the wii shop that it will indeed be the latest version and that I wont require to install another wad to trick the server into thinking I have the latest firmware installed anyway ?? obviously dont want to download and find it automatically updates my system !!

have wii connect24 turned off as I belive this automatically updates your firmware to the latest version as well ??

jono400

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay thanks mate, just tried again and it seems its working now so guess it must have been site problems when I tried the last time.

any idea if I will have to create a new wad with the aid off NUSD for downloading the internet channel via the wii shop ?? again obviously a bit wary on dloading incase it automatically updates the firmware ??

was it yourself that advised me off the alternative version off mplayer_ce ?? got a link to d/load it ?? offer much over the _ce version ??

thanks again

jono400

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay thanks again for your reply, will check out that link re the media player.

bit confused what you mean by create wad via nand ?? you mean via NUSD ?? as I say when I click on the internet test I get the message " do you want to update system ?? " so still a bit wary off actually d/loading the latest internet channel on my 4.1 e system but if you say you do it all the time then delete ( why do you delete ??!! ) then suppose thats fine.

any ideas re. bbciplayer again same question - safe enough to d/load from wii channel as to not update my wii to the latest 4.2 system ??

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have the new shop channel on my 4.0e wii and it works sweet downloaded the internet channel and the bbcIplayer both for free and have deleted and installed many times

Kawaii-Tora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
TroyTheZombie said:
use NUSdownlopader beta3. it just has a drop down menu.

Pick database, system channels, shopping channel, latest version. (v18)

just go to wiibrew.org for the latest version of nusDownloader.

will this overwrite the old version of Wii Shop Channel or not?
don't want to have 2 shop channels or twice the memory usage

jono400

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay thanks for that all now working a treat - bbciplayer and internet channel - thanks for that.

the player that I think you mentioned was actually mplayer ax as opposed to teh mplayer_ce version, just wonder how one differs to the other ??

jono400

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
longtom1 said:
never heard of mplayer ax

Sorry mate was taken from the wiihacks forum, funny enough from his avtar it was a geordie who wrote the following

quote : have u tried the mplayer ax as i find it plays no hassle, standard 700mb avi files work sweet 4 me like straight off my usb drive, doesnt require the dvd to spin so must be less strain on the wii , also ax is a channel so can run straight off the menu screen

but possibly just a mix up over the mplayer_ce

anyway thanks again for your assistance.

john

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: btw my updated location I listed isn't exactly where I wanted it to be, but it's very close to...