RagolSlayer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

I bought an Acekard 2i + 4GB SanDisk microSDHC card from Kick Gaming and it's not working on my DSi. I downloaded the 4.14 firmware update and put the "akmenu4.nds" file and the "___ak2" folder into the root of the SD card plus a couple of ROMs.

When I boot it up, I get this Japanese message and nothing else happens. Here's a pic of the message - no clue what it says since I don't know Japanese:

If this is one of those "Ha ha you totally forgot to do something completely obvious" messages, I'm going to hit myself >__

l_ongshot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How long ago did you order it from kick gaming? I ordered mine about 2 weeks ago and I found out they sent me a mislabeled flashcart.... The packaging looks correct, it says compatible with DSi it even says it on the flashcart where the silver sticker is, but when I compared it with another AK2i flashcart it was completely different. Looking closely at your flashcart... does it have clips that hold it together? If it does then you have a AK 2.1 model labeled wrong. The big indicator between the 2 is: on the AK2i looking at the sticker there is a big " lump " where they added an extra chip and the 2 halves are glued shut, the other should be flat ( the one that doesnt work or receive error messages from ) with clips holding it together. If it doesnt work just email kick gaming and they'll send you a new one ( hopefully the right one ) with no hassle. Well... maybe just the hassle of shipping it back to them.

RagolSlayer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
l_ongshot said:
How long ago did you order it from kick gaming? I ordered mine about 2 weeks ago and I found out they sent me a mislabeled flashcart.... The packaging looks correct, it says compatible with DSi it even says it on the flashcart where the silver sticker is, but when I compared it with another AK2i flashcart it was completely different. Looking closely at your flashcart... does it have clips that hold it together? If it does then you have a AK 2.1 model labeled wrong. The big indicator between the 2 is: on the AK2i looking at the sticker there is a big " lump " where they added an extra chip and the 2 halves are glued shut, the other should be flat ( the one that doesnt work or receive error messages from ) with clips holding it together. If it doesnt work just email kick gaming and they'll send you a new one ( hopefully the right one ) with no hassle. Well... maybe just the hassle of shipping it back to them.

Yep, realized that was the problem (plus the DSi detected it as "Acekard 2" instead of "Acekard 2i"). I just decided to exchange it for an EZ-Flash Vi. I don't want to take the risk of Kick Gaming sending me another mislabeled Acekard.

I know it's not Kick Gaming's fault, but I'm sort of pissed that I have to spend an extra $10 to ship Priority Mail back to Kick Gaming (Parcel cost $2, but would take one to 1 1/2 weeks to get there) just because Acekard screwed up on the labeling.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny