Hacking Problem restoring save to cart (nds backup tool 3in1)

Trel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to restore a save created from the Heart Gold rom to a Heart Gold cart. However the backup tool will not allow it as it doesn't seem to recognize the save from being from that cart. Is there any way I can correct this?

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think you might have to rename the save to an obscure name or something...never restored a save to my originals, so I'm not sure. Try copying a save from the card, make a note of the name, and rename the save you want to restore to that name, and try again.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I believe Pokesav DS is trying to add this feature, but it is unknown whether or not it will succeed. The only way to back-up HG/SS saves right now is to buy a device called an NDS Backup Adapter Plus, which costs around $20-$30.

Trel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
I believe Pokesav DS is trying to add this feature, but it is unknown whether or not it will succeed. The only way to back-up HG/SS saves right now is to buy a device called an NDS Backup Adapter Plus, which costs around $20-$30.
Do you have a link to anywhere that sells it?
USA based is best.

leiger

Trophies
XP
Country
Trel said:
DeMoN said:
Do you have a link to anywhere that sells it?
USA based is best.

http://tinyurl.com/ybudber First result (eBay)

Trel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I saw that, but the name is slightly different, and in the world of flash cards and similar, reversing words easily means a different product.

Hence why I asked. I know how to use google just fine. I even have that ebay result bookmarked in case it IS the right thing.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Erm...

Hmm, if you can backup it, seems that you should be able to write it.

The thing is that the Homebrew dumpers write and read all saves in original formats and sizes. You need to convert the save to RAW format or something like that.

If that does not work, then it just won't.

Trel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming that IS the right product, is there anywhere that actually sells it (aside from an expired ebay auction)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eGAHfC5P-Y