Hacking Problem reading microSD card.

jeb0rt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Supercard Lite, Super Key, and a SanDisk UltraII 1gb microSD card. It was all working fine until I decided to mess with moonshell.
Moonshell was working fine as well (jpgs viewable, mp3s playable, videos worked as well.) But then I tried encoding the same test video I used on there (with dpgenc) with higher bitrate settings, and I think that's what messed everything up. When I played the newer video, it started playing really slow then just froze, and then moonshell froze entirely.
From there my SD card reader wouldn't read the microSD card anymore through My Computer... (just keeps saying please insert disk). I know it's not the SD card reader cause it reads my spare 256mb microSD just fine. My DSlite still plays all the roms I had on there just fine, it's just moonshell that freezes right at the boot screen. Any ideas?
frown.gif

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like its corrupted. You'll need to format it in either your card reader, if you can, or another computer, phone, or mobile device.

FifthE1ement

jeb0rt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it's not letting me format (just says Windows cannot format this drive). What other options do I have?
I really wish there was a way to recover the .sav files at least... cause obviously they're not corrupted if they still work on my ds.
frown.gif

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suggest bringing your card reader with you to another computer as I have had this problem before. Every other computer could read my flash card except for mine. I was able to recover my files and after a quick format my computer recognized the card again! And if it doesn't work at another computer try a different card reader. And if that doesn't work, lol, it’s just that your flash media is bad.

Let me know what happens,

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

jeb0rt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried on two different computers, no luck there. I also tried formatting in command prompt, which results in an "Invalid track media or track 0 bad". I also tried a proprietary flash formatter but that didn't recognize it either... so yeah I guess the SD card is screwed.
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs.