Problem - Metroid Prime Trilogy and NeoGamma

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by ShadowtheKitty, Oct 18, 2013.

1. ShadowtheKitty
    OP

ShadowtheKitty Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2010
    United States
    Hello everyone. I'm having a slight issue with this, and it's probably something minor, but here goes. The first 2 games work, but Metroid Prime 3: Corruption doesn't load correctly. I've looked all around and keep finding conflicting information for different situations, so I figured it would be best to just ask directly.

I recently downloaded the game in WBFS format and converted it to ISO so that I can burn it and play. The resulting ISO is 7.91 GB, which as I have found, is an unscrubbed version and MP3:Corruption should work on it. I load it up on NeoGamma R9 beta56 with default settings (block IOS Reload is on by default) and I'm able to do almost everything. I can make savegames and load up the first and second game, but here's what the third games does. I get the initial loading screen that says MP3 is loading, then the screen goes black, Wiimote disconnects, and the Wii is unresponsive (needing a hard reset). I put in d2x-v8-final today and made sure NeoGamma is using it (ios 249 with base 56), and that doesn't seem to work completely.

Here's my SysCheck info:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    Note: Also, any recommendations for changes I should make related to my SysCheck info would be greatly appreciated. It's been a long time since I've done mods to my Wii, so my stuff is likely outdated.

2. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Your Metroid Prime Trilogy is a bad rip. Some of the most popular ISOs of this game floating around the internet are the same bad rip that doesn't allow for Metroid Prime 3 to be played. You're doing everything else right. You have two options with regard to backups:
    1. Re-download/backup a good version of Metroid Prime Trilogy with Metroid Prime 3: Corruption working.
    2. Download/backup the standalone Metroid Prime 3: Corruption ISO and just play MP3 with that.

3. ShadowtheKitty
    OP

ShadowtheKitty Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2010
    United States
    Thanks for the information. I was really hoping that wasn't the problem, but it happens sometimes lol