[Problem]Mario Party 8 not launching on vWii

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Langin, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Langin
    OP

Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Jul 29, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Hague
    Before you all start shouting that I already have created a topic regarding this matter, I requested a lock for that since it now is obsolete.(And in the wrong section :) )

Anyways, lately I am experiencing a lot of problems when trying to launch Mario Party 8 on my vWii. The console just goes back to the home menu. I have no clue why it does this, it started doing this out of sudden... :/

I decided to hack my vWii and install a cIOS to see if it would solve the problem. It kind of did! I can launch the game through Neogamma but I would love to see the ability to be able to launch it through the disc channel again. I saw Neogamma loaded IOS9 so my solution in my head: would reinstalling a wad of IOS9 solve this problem?

My brothers vWii just launched the game without any problems so there is really something wrong on my end.

2. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Is there a reason you're not using USB loading?

3. Langin
    OP

Jul 29, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Hague
    Because I don't want to spend money on a USB drive. :) I already have all the physical discs so yeah...

4. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    It's been quite a few years since I've used NeoGamma and disc-loading, but my understanding is NeoGamma should be loading IOS249. Since you are able to run Mario Party 8 now through NeoGamma, then you appear to be good to go. It is very much not recommended to install patched versions of normal IOS files (e.g. IOS9) in order to be able to run things through the disc channel. While you might get backups running through the disc channel, it could cause about 20 other problems down the road.

In other words, use NeoGamma if you're running discs, and use a loader like CFG Loader if you're running backups from a USB drive.

5. Langin
    OP

Jul 29, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Hague
    So there's no real solution to my problem at all? :(

6. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    I wouldn't acknowledge that you have a problem.

7. Langin
    OP

Jul 29, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Hague
    Well if I decide to remove the hack from my Wii U wouldn't be able to run this game so I see it as a problem. :P