Hacking [Problem]Mario Party 8 not launching on vWii

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Before you all start shouting that I already have created a topic regarding this matter, I requested a lock for that since it now is obsolete.(And in the wrong section :) )

Anyways, lately I am experiencing a lot of problems when trying to launch Mario Party 8 on my vWii. The console just goes back to the home menu. I have no clue why it does this, it started doing this out of sudden... :/

I decided to hack my vWii and install a cIOS to see if it would solve the problem. It kind of did! I can launch the game through Neogamma but I would love to see the ability to be able to launch it through the disc channel again. I saw Neogamma loaded IOS9 so my solution in my head: would reinstalling a wad of IOS9 solve this problem?

My brothers vWii just launched the game without any problems so there is really something wrong on my end.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been quite a few years since I've used NeoGamma and disc-loading, but my understanding is NeoGamma should be loading IOS249. Since you are able to run Mario Party 8 now through NeoGamma, then you appear to be good to go. It is very much not recommended to install patched versions of normal IOS files (e.g. IOS9) in order to be able to run things through the disc channel. While you might get backups running through the disc channel, it could cause about 20 other problems down the road.

In other words, use NeoGamma if you're running discs, and use a loader like CFG Loader if you're running backups from a USB drive.

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's been quite a few years since I've used NeoGamma and disc-loading, but my understanding is NeoGamma should be loading IOS249. Since you are able to run Mario Party 8 now through NeoGamma, then you appear to be good to go. It is very much not recommended to install patched versions of normal IOS files (e.g. IOS9) in order to be able to run things through the disc channel. While you might get backups running through the disc channel, it could cause about 20 other problems down the road.

In other words, use NeoGamma if you're running discs, and use a loader like CFG Loader if you're running backups from a USB drive.

So there's no real solution to my problem at all? :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: