Problem loading backups possibly due to HDD

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by nitrouspizza, Jun 4, 2013.

1. nitrouspizza
    OP

nitrouspizza Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2011
    Mexico
    Hi guys!

I have had my Wii loading backups from my usb from over two years now, but a week ago I wanted to format my HD because of reasons. The problem is that now the backups take insane amount of time to load an freeze mid-game at certain points, in example New SMB freezes at the same stage: first the music stops and then when you press home or go into a pipe it freezes completely. Pandora's Tower (asuming it booted at all) second tower doesn't load.

Is it my hard drive mechanical malfunction? A problem with the loader? I use a Seagate FreeAgent Goflex 320G and USB Loader GX

2. Speedster

Speedster Hack ALL THE THINGS

Apr 13, 2013
    United States
    Not sure, maybe try reformatting it again and see if the problem persists.

3. nitrouspizza
    OP

nitrouspizza Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2011
    Mexico
    I've already reformatted it several times since the problem appeared :S I have 3 partitions, one WBFS, other NTFS and a small FAT32

4. Speedster

Speedster Hack ALL THE THINGS

Apr 13, 2013
    United States
    I've always had trouble loading from USB with multiple partitions, so try making it all one and see how it works. If the problem still happens, try another drive if you can.

5. blaisedinsd

blaisedinsd GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 6, 2012
    United States
    I just set up a Seagate drive and it had some power save feature that was screwing things up. I couldn't find the software to change it on their website but I remebered I backed up the files that were on the drive when I bought it. I was able to use the software to turn off the feature all together and it's been working fine since.

Also is the partition you are using set as primary and active?

6. Gabelvampir

Gabelvampir Free Mars!

Mar 17, 2009
    Gambia, The
    K-Town
    Ditch the WBFS, there aren't any benefits from using it, only potential problems.

Hielkenator likes this.
  7. atlanx

atlanx Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Bavaria
    Use NTFS. And check if your games are NOT fragmentet > defragmentation