Hardware Problem Installing a program

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 777
  • Replies 6
D

Deleted User

OP
I am coding 3ds homebrew and i have downloaded the text editor that i wish to use which is Atom the problem i am having is that when i try to install it it says update has stopped working and then it says installation has failed i am trying to install it in a windows 7 computer do any of you people know a way to fix this any help would be much appriciated thanks

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Did the installer leave a log somewhere? Possibly in one of the program files folders, appdata or temp folders.

D

Deleted User

OP
what would it be named and thanks for the quick response

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay so i ran the program again and selected the show log option and nothing happens

Last edited by ,

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
what would it be named and thanks for the quick response

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay so i ran the program again and selected the show log option and nothing happens

Normally it would be something ending with .log or .txt.

Hopefully the log was still written to disk so it may still be somewhere.

Does it crash before or after the UAC request?

D

Deleted User

OP
it shows the atom picture and then is stops working i am not sure what a UAC request is though

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
it shows the atom picture and then is stops working i am not sure what a UAC request is though

It's when it pops up with the 'do you want to allow this program to make changes' window with the Yes/No response.

Have you tried running as administrator? No ideal but I'm wondering if UAC may be at fault.

D

Deleted User

OP
yes i have tryed running as administrator and it does not work but yeah it crashes after the administrator thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol