Problem getting DSKIOSK and DSCOVERED to work with AK2i

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by X1pheR, Jan 28, 2011.

1. X1pheR
    OP

Newcomer X1pheR Member

Netherlands
    Hi,

I'm trying with my Acekard 2i to directly boot into dskiosk. From there I want to be able to start dscovered and play roms.
    Only I'm running into a few problems;

- If i rename dskiosk.nds to akmenu4.nds and try to boot I get "system file missing" error. With dscovered it works just fine. I tried dldi patching dskiosk.nds with Win32 GUI DLDI Tool and using the .\__aio\ak2_sd.dldi file. Also didn't work.

- If I boot normally to akaio and start dskiosk from there it starts just fine. However if I add dscovered and try to start it it hangs on the white screen with the smiley face. If I however start dscovered directly renamed to akmenu4.nds or from the akaio it starts just fine.

- Last thing. When in dscovered everything seems to work however when I try to play a rom it stays on a white screen for a few seconds and then just goes to akaio in stead of loading the rom. This is also the case with dscovered.nds renamed to akmenu4.nds and akmenu4.nds renamed first to akmenu.nds and with the akaio loader selected in dscovered.

What I'm using:
    dscovered 28-04-2010
    akaio 1.8.5
    dskiosk 1.2

I hope somebody can help. Thanks in advance...

2. X1pheR
    OP

Newcomer X1pheR Member

Netherlands
    Nobody who can help?

3. RoyalCardMan

Member RoyalCardMan DS App Studio™ Developer

United States
    Probably no one knows how to help. DScovered was a recently developed tool, so it isn't popular(I don't think).

4. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    Answer:
    -Open loader_akaio.nds with hex editor (like HxDen).
    -Replace all instances of "fat1:" with "fat0:" and save.
    -???
    -Profit

AKAIO changed it to fat0: in the newer revisions whereas DSCovered attempts to use the older way...yay for updated libraries.

-edit-
    btw, only certain homebrew can run as akmenu4 on the acekard, but I can't remember the reason anymore...something like having to be read from a certain point or some other thing.

5. avenir

Member avenir GBAtemp Fan

United States
    arm9 start address must be 0x02000450. YSMenu and DSCovered have that, others are...

6. X1pheR
    OP

Newcomer X1pheR Member

Netherlands
    Thanks very much! I'll try that when I get home. I thought the only way was going to be to get loader_extlink which isn't available anymore.

Do you by any chance have any idea why dscovered can be run directly as akmenu4 or from akaio but not from dskiosk? I don't get it why it hangs.

Didn't know only some apps can be run as akmenu4. dskiosk should run through as I read it somewhere it did. Bad luck then I guess. Thanks again for the help...