X1pheR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

I'm trying with my Acekard 2i to directly boot into dskiosk. From there I want to be able to start dscovered and play roms.
Only I'm running into a few problems;

- If i rename dskiosk.nds to akmenu4.nds and try to boot I get "system file missing" error. With dscovered it works just fine. I tried dldi patching dskiosk.nds with Win32 GUI DLDI Tool and using the .\__aio\ak2_sd.dldi file. Also didn't work.

- If I boot normally to akaio and start dskiosk from there it starts just fine. However if I add dscovered and try to start it it hangs on the white screen with the smiley face. If I however start dscovered directly renamed to akmenu4.nds or from the akaio it starts just fine.

- Last thing. When in dscovered everything seems to work however when I try to play a rom it stays on a white screen for a few seconds and then just goes to akaio in stead of loading the rom. This is also the case with dscovered.nds renamed to akmenu4.nds and akmenu4.nds renamed first to akmenu.nds and with the akaio loader selected in dscovered.

What I'm using:
dscovered 28-04-2010
akaio 1.8.5
dskiosk 1.2

I hope somebody can help. Thanks in advance...

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Answer:
-Open loader_akaio.nds with hex editor (like HxDen).
-Replace all instances of "fat1:" with "fat0:" and save.
-???
-Profit

AKAIO changed it to fat0: in the newer revisions whereas DSCovered attempts to use the older way...yay for updated libraries.

-edit-
btw, only certain homebrew can run as akmenu4 on the acekard, but I can't remember the reason anymore...something like having to be read from a certain point or some other thing.

avenir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
btw, only certain homebrew can run as akmenu4 on the acekard, but I can't remember the reason anymore...something like having to be read from a certain point or some other thing.
arm9 start address must be 0x02000450. YSMenu and DSCovered have that, others are...

X1pheR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
jurassicplayer said:
Answer:
-Open loader_akaio.nds with hex editor (like HxDen).
-Replace all instances of "fat1:" with "fat0:" and save.
-???
-Profit

AKAIO changed it to fat0: in the newer revisions whereas DSCovered attempts to use the older way...yay for updated libraries.

-edit-
Thanks very much! I'll try that when I get home. I thought the only way was going to be to get loader_extlink which isn't available anymore.

Do you by any chance have any idea why dscovered can be run directly as akmenu4 or from akaio but not from dskiosk? I don't get it why it hangs.

Didn't know only some apps can be run as akmenu4. dskiosk should run through as I read it somewhere it did. Bad luck then I guess. Thanks again for the help...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."