problem entering homebrew launcher

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by veraci_00, Mar 11, 2016.

1. veraci_00
    OP

veraci_00 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 6, 2016
    United States
    hello. I'm having an issue entering the homebrew launcher. I'm on firmware 6.2.0-4 btw. whenever I try using browser hax, I get kicked out of the browser with "an error has occurred" the homebrew launcher is on the root of my sd card (32GB) too. I've also tried ninjahax. there's no qr code for my firmware, so I went with what was closest - 6.2.0-7. however, it gets stuck at 70% when trying to launch the exploit. I'm not sure what's going on. any help is appreciated. thanks!

2. Arubaro

Arubaro Soulspace Guardian

Sep 4, 2015
    Using ninjhax you should be able to run hblauncher v1.
    Maybe you cannot because you updates using a cartridge?

If you want to use browserhax, you need to be at least on 9.0

3. Manuel9181

Manuel9181 GBAtemp Prosecutor

May 26, 2015
    Italy
    You should install rxTools and then proceed updating your sysNand to 9.2 fw. Here you can find every info that you need, from the installation to the update.

4. veraci_00
    OP

veraci_00 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 6, 2016
    United States
    I'm stuck at the step where u install big blue menu on system nand. r they talking about the actual system nand or rx system nand? 'cause the normal system nand doesn't override the health and safety icon, but the rx system nand does. do I enter rx system nand to install the sys updater? thanks

5. samiam144

samiam144 RĂ©gulier

Aug 19, 2007
    Canada
    rx system nand to install (you need CFW privileges obviously), but use Pasta Mode/Devmode to actually use Sysupdater or you will brick.

Manuel9181 likes this.
  6. Manuel9181

Manuel9181 GBAtemp Prosecutor

May 26, 2015
    Italy
    Download and extract into the root of your SD this version of sysupdater
    Download from that ISO site the correct 9.2 fw for your console (double check the region and if it's the o3ds version or the n3ds one)
    Extract the .cias of this package into a folder called "updates" placed into the root of your SD
    Boot your 3ds and enter into the rxTools' main menu (holding the L buttom while you lauch it)
    From there, move to the right until the Advanced Settings' section
    Launch DEVMODE/PASTAMODE
    run FBI/BBM/DEVmenu and install sysupdater
    run sysupdater and proceed with the upgrade

Launching sysUpdater while you are on rxSYSNAND will result in brick, so be sure to be on DEVMODE/PASTAMODE before to launch the upgrade

Last edited by Manuel9181, Mar 11, 2016