Problem converting WBFS to ISO

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Sliter, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Sliter
    OP

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    Hello Everyone!
    I have a Japanese Smash bros retail game, and I got a WBFS file a friend made from his US game.
    For some requests I wanted to make an undub US ISO, so I used the USBloaderGX to Rip my retail game, It gave me a folder on the FAT32 partition of my HDD(I have one in FAT32 and one in WBFS partitions there), it comes on a folder with 4 separated WBFS files

ok, when I try to transform it to ISO with wii backup manager, it goes like was working, but when finished, it do not create an ISO file, both for my J game and the US, the file it was creating just disapears, the BackupManager just say it was completed like it's working ...
    I trie dboth with 64 and 36 version...
    Someone know why this happens and how I could make it work? I tried using newer and older version, downloading the program again and nothing ...
    Thanks for the attention!

2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I don't know why it doesn't work. Maybe a bug with DVD9 game?

Also, if you have 4 separated files, you probably chose to split the game to 2GB instead of 4GB?
    SSBB should output 2 wbfs files : one 4GB wbfs and a smaller wbf0.

If what you want is a ISO format, you can dump the game using Cleanrip instead.
    It will create a 1:1 clean ISO, instead of a scrubbed multipart wbfs file.

As the game is bigger than 4GB, it will be split, but you can merge parts on your computer
    copy /b part1+part2+part3 full.iso
    or you can use NTFS to dump the game.

Sliter likes this.
  3. Sliter
    OP

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    hmm I dont know o-o

I did not saw a opition for it, just "Instal Dvd game on HDD" õ3o

With clean rip I got a bit confused, I think it do't found the right partition, but I can try again. I tried with a GC game but using a 4gb pendrive, because the HDD issue .

But thank I will give a try, any problem I will be back here ...

Also I will need to borrow the original US game then to do the same? XD