Hacking Problem after system transfering to downgrade NEW3ds 11.2

Stranger93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ORAS cartrdges have per-cart encryption, meaning that Powersaves are only able to inject save images that have been backed up from the same cartridge that you're injecting to. Hence you cannot install basehaxx 'as a primary' with Powersaves. Buy OoT3D instead.

Source: this and this.
Well now I'm confused, because I thought I could go with the $20 option and use basehaxx, instead of going the $40 route with OoT and Powersave. I've never had to deal with this. Weakkk.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
But if I got basehaxx on my old3ds I could alter the cartridge in whatever way that works for OR/AS and then slide it into my new one and that would be all I need, correct?
Yeah, install the save file for N3DS to the cart, then get online in the game with the PPS, and load up BaseHax's menu, and then update the payload. Once it says update complete, enter HB Launcher.

Reactions: Stranger93

Stranger93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Describe your situation: how many 3DSs do you own and what system versions are they on?
Old 3ds xl on cfw, and new 3ds black friday edition I used the guide to attempt to downgrade, getting to the part I stated in my first part of the post. I just can't get into home-brew to actually downgrade it after running LoE

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Old 3ds xl on cfw, and new 3ds black friday edition I used the guide to attempt to downgrade, getting to the part I stated in my first part of the post. I just can't get into home-brew to actually downgrade it after running LoE
You can use your CFW 3DS to install oot3dhax or basehaxx to a cartridge (without the need for Powersaves in the case of oot3dhax) that you can use to access the HBL on your N3DS.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

Stranger93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use your CFW 3DS to install basehaxx or oot3dhax without the need for Powersaves.
But I can't do it with the legit copy I just bought on my new 3ds which is weak, and since I just transferred the NNID today I'm shit out of luck when it comes to the Shop. Guess I'll just have to get a physical copy of one of those tomorrow. Still recommend OoT over the others? or does it not really matter now?

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
But I can't do it with the legit copy I just bought on my new 3ds which is weak, and since I just transferred the NNID today I'm shit out of luck when it comes to the Shop. Guess I'll just have to get a physical copy of one of those tomorrow. Still recommend OoT over the others? or does it not really matter now?
I would personally recommend oot3dhax, but it doesn't really matter.

Stranger93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem, and sure thing.
So I'm running into a new issue. Got OoT hax working with cart I went out and bought. Only problem is, that even though LoE says the exploit was successful, my kernel is still showing up as 2.51 and not 2.50. So when I try to run sysdowngrade it gives me a, "Did not get am:u handle, please reboot."

What am I doing wrong?

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So I'm running into a new issue. Got OoT hax working with cart I went out and bought. Only problem is, that even though LoE says the exploit was successful, my kernel is still showing up as 2.51 and not 2.50. So when I try to run sysdowngrade it gives me a, "Did not get am:u handle, please reboot."

What am I doing wrong?
The guide tells you what to do in this situation. Try again from the beginning.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.