Pro vs Slim

Discussion in 'PS4 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Dotmore, May 4, 2017.

1. Dotmore
    OP

Dotmore GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Im looking to buy a PS4, but im not sure wether to get the Pro or the Slim. The perks of the Pro are that even without 4K, it has better performance on 1080p than the slim has. Downside is that the Pro is 100 Euro´s more expensive than the slim, and does´t come with a game, while there are deals for the slim for 300 Euro with 2 Controllers and a game. I have a 58 Inch 1080p Full HD tv.

2. laudern

laudern GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 14, 2010
    Australia
    Queensland, Australia
    I'd stick with the original. Ps4 performance is fine / great.

3. MeAndHax

MeAndHax GBAtemp Regular

Feb 7, 2017
    United States
    I would say it depends on what you want. If you have a 4K TV and just plan to play at home, then go with the Pro. If you have a smaller TV, want to take sometimes the PS4 with you (to your friend for example) and want to play with your friend, then go with the Slim it will also do the job and you save 100€ that you can spend on some extra controllers or some games.

4. Enlapse

Enlapse GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2014
    If you can afford the PS4 without any troubles, go for the PRO. Check game comparison for FFXV between both consoles and you will understand what I'm saying.

PS4 Normal/Slim = MANY drops.
    'PS4 PRO = Works at +50FPS.

You can choose, it works great. I own one.

5. Zephir1991

Zephir1991 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 21, 2012
    Germany
    100€ more for better stuff -It's worth for me, many games got better framerate than on the Slim PS4. And they look slightly better.