Private tracker crash course

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Lanlan, Feb 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Feb 23, 2012

Private tracker crash course by Lanlan at 6:58 AM (578 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Lanlan
    OP

Member Lanlan Tits

United States
    I'm looking to further my knowledge of random crap, and just for educational reasons, can someone tell me what private trackers are all about?

2. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    They're torrent trackers, like That Penguin Bar, except they have an account system. Normally,this would not be a big deal. But on most private trackers, it is very difficult to get and maintain an account. You have to be invited by an existing user, probably even one who's an experienced member of the site. In order to get these people to invite you, you need ratio proofs, proof that you have kept a good ratio on another similar site. That brings me to the other bit. In order to maintain a private tracker account, you must seed. The general rule is to upload at least as much as you download. If you don't, they'll kick you out.

However, because this stringent system keeps bad users out, and because upload credit is so prized here, private trackers are the first torrent sites to get new releases. Additionally, the users are so good that torrents are rarely without seeds, and the seeds they usually have are really, really fast.

So in short, they're exclusive torrent trackers that are difficult to get onto and use, but have superior content. I can't give any examples.

3. Lanlan
    OP

Member Lanlan Tits

United States
    Okay, good info. What about a private tracker site that is open to anyone who wants to sign up?

4. I2aven's_Sag

Member I2aven's_Sag GBATemp Otaku

United States
    This information isn't something you can get here. It's related to warez, which is something that the rules of GBATemp say that we can't link you to. Google is your best friend.

5. Lanlan
    OP

Member Lanlan Tits

United States
    i'm not asking for a link to one, i just wanna know if they're any good ;)

6. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    I joined one devoted to anime. They're very good because whenever a torrent is low on seeds, they either start up a seedbox or give incentives for people to start seeding it more. That way they maintain their entire library. They also filter out double uploads.

So... What was the question again?

7. Fudge

Banned Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

United States
    Like what Midna said, it can be rather difficult to maintain a good ratio on private trackers. I have been a member a multiple, and there has only been one I managed to keep myself afloat long enough to get a foothold. I'm a well respected member of said site and the community is great. Been there for 3 and a half years now. So, in short, if you can sustain a good ratio and become an active part of the community, you will reap the rewards.

8. Lanlan
    OP

Member Lanlan Tits

United States
    M'kay. Is that one site, "emonoid-day", or whatever it's called, one of these? I know it takes invites.

9. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
    Being closed to anyone and everyone that wants to sign up is precisely what makes it a private tracker.
    Yes they're absolutely awesome, and I'm closing the thread before you can ask for an invite to one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.