private header question

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by freeza, May 10, 2015.

1. freeza
    OP

freeza Member

Newcomer
    May 4, 2008
    United States
    Hey everyone. I have a n3ds xl black on 9.7 fw. I've recently got a Sky3DS and was reading up on headers in order to play online. I know that I'd need a powersaves 3ds dongle yada yada.. Seems like a lot of money just for a header considering I can't use the dongle to transfer retail cart saves to my microsd to use with sky3ds.

What I'm wondering is if there is anyone trustworthy who can provide me with a private header? I'm willing to pay $10 or send you my copy of Tetris ultimate that I bought brand new in order to extract the header. Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help.

2. LameNobody

LameNobody Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast

Jan 23, 2015
    Canada
    I would do this (If you paid for shipping, I don't care about making a profit), but canada...

Anyway, I heard some people sell headers.. I'm sure MattKimura or someone knows.. Maybe even "That ISO Site"

3. freeza
    OP

freeza Member

Newcomer
    May 4, 2008
    United States
    Thanks for the reply! I'll contact matt and see what he can do. Thanks for the info

By the way, it was your tutorial that I read on the subject. Was more than willing to attempt it but I after research I learned that it's next to impossible to extract a retail cart gamesave and restore it to sky3ds using powersaves.

Great tutorial nonetheless.
    :)

LameNobody likes this.
  4. LameNobody

LameNobody Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast

Jan 23, 2015
    Canada
    Yeah, extracting the header with powersaves is quite inconvenient...
    But, it was mainly intended for people who already had it or don't trust headers from other's.

If I were ever to do i header service I would just have people buy and ship a game to me (this would be around 4-5 USD on ebay or amazon) and I'd just dump the rom and give it to them.

I wish somebody would make an app to dump 3ds headers using a DS mode flashcart, or using Cubic Ninja...