Private header/online question

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by markmcrobie, Feb 13, 2015.

1. markmcrobie
    OP

markmcrobie GBAtemp Fan

May 24, 2008
    As I understand it, going online with Sky3DS using a ROM with private headers from another cart is a risk, since Nintendo may see 2 or more people connecting using that header, and ban them.

So my question is how do it work with pre-owned games going online? Won't Nintendo see that that cart has been online before with a different system?

Or am I missing something (entirely probable!)

2. YourHero

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    You don't understand. You WANT a private header from another rom. You WANT that header to be from an online game YOU own that was brand new. What makes it private is you are the sole user of that header. You have to use a program someone here made to turn that header into a template for the sky3ds.

3. osm70

osm70 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 17, 2011
    Czech Republic
    They probably check if that header in online more than once at the same time.

4. markmcrobie
    OP

markmcrobie GBAtemp Fan

May 24, 2008

That's what I assumed. So public headers would be fine, assuming 2 or more people didn't connect at same time?

5. GameSystem

GameSystem GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Let's assume you walk into a public bathroom at a busy restaurant. Sure there are chances you can have the whole place to yourself, but odds are someone is inside taking a dump. Try not to use public headers.