Prinny:Can i be the hero!

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by dgwillia, Feb 20, 2009.

Feb 20, 2009

Prinny:Can i be the hero! by dgwillia at 4:27 AM (1,623 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. dgwillia
    OP

Member dgwillia The Bacon Lover

United States
    Any minute now this game will finally come out. I cant wait....the Japanese version was so fun (and hard), but i decided to wait for the english version so could follow the story.

2. Ryupower

Member Ryupower Brood

United States
    I have been playing it for a few days
    it VERY HARD
    funny too

so if you have CFW you can get the iso and play it NOW

if you like Ghosts 'n Goblins you will like this game

3. dgwillia
    OP

Member dgwillia The Bacon Lover

United States
    Oh dang :wtf:, i didnt even notice the site already had it, but just didnt update the main page >_>, Dang street fighter 4 has kept me so busy.

4. jinxvorheeze

Member jinxvorheeze GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Been playing it for a while now too. Very funny dood.

5. Extreme Coder

Member Extreme Coder GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
    This game rocks, wondered why nobody talked about it here yet.
    I downloaded it, loved it, ordered it from Play-Asia! NIS deserves it [​IMG]

6. fateastray

Member fateastray GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    I* can't believe how hard it is! Unforgiving T_T I don't have the patience for this.....

7. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    So how bad is it really in difficulty?

Also when you die, is it back to the start, checkpoint, or right to where you were? That can make a big difference too even despite being given 1000 lives. I can deal with a checkpoint kinda or where you died (preferred) even if it is just sadist bad because of the 1000 lives I can just shrug it off, much like getting popped in COD World at War or something.

8. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    Checkpoint.

But when you die in a boss fight it starts all over again.

9. Sc4rFac3d

Member Sc4rFac3d GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Netherlands
    I've been meaning to check this game out, but if it's as hard as G&G I think I'll pass. I never even got past the first stage in that game. Still, the 1000 lives seems to be better.

10. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Haven't tried it yet, but everyone keeps saying it's so difficult (but you do get 1000 lives). It's just the kind of wtf move that Nippon Ichi would pull, and I love that about them. They're creative and always find new ways to entertain people.

11. PuyoDead

Member PuyoDead Hey! Hey! Oh!

United States
    It's difficult as hell, no doubt. But it's possible. Some stages may take a while (I would die upwards of 40 times sometimes), but you can get through them.

The bosses are just ridiculous, though. It took me 54 minutes and over 50 lives once to beat one of the bosses (Chefbot-9000). They're even worse than Megaman bosses. You have to memorize exact patterns, when you can attack, and when to run. Since you can only get hit 3 times (on the easier difficulty), and only get 3 minutes to kill them (maybe more on others, I don't remember), it's pretty damn rough. And to top it off, there's a boss marathon at one point, where they're even more difficult than previously. I never did beat the last boss. I just don't see how he is possible. Even if you could survive, the time limit isn't nearly enough.

And I played on "easy". I couldn't imagine it on Hell's Finest. Great game though, I loved every bit of it, until the very end.

12. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    So if you die on a boss, you restart on the boss. Does that mean the clock starts over or right where you dropped? Also is it really that bad that it's like out of control fanservice like MM9 where it was so insane you'd have to be nuts to finish?

I just found a UK game (Tales of Eternia) locally here in a Half Price Books store of all things today for $26 so maybe I'm best off messing with that as it ranked high with 8s and 9s.

13. Friendo

Newcomer Friendo Advanced Member

United States
    I forgot about this game until I read this post!
    Sounds hard, but I'm up for a challenge. lol.

14. Youkai

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    well i played it and its not THAT hard but still there are some parts where monsters a placed that bad that its hard not to get pushed into a hole in the ground ...

the hardest thing are the controls ! if you press jump and than direction the prinny just jumps and does not move ! so you need to already walk before jumping which makes some of the jumping scenes incredibly hard !

15. RAIDEN!

Member RAIDEN! GBAtemp Regular

United States
    its still difficult but the game is really funny - no way dood rofl [​IMG]

16. ball2012003

ball2012003 Newbie

this game is so flippin hard
    im on the fifth level and i just hate how you cant move while your in the air and basically the jumping controls
    but this game is awesome and i love the voice of the prinnies
    reminds me of gir from invader zim

17. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I love this game. Not being able to move while jumping reminds me of ghosts & goblins. Jumped straight in at the deep end, playing it on hells finest mode, one hit and dead. Great to have a challenging game for once, rather than one that holds your hand all the way through.

I think G&G on ultimate is harder though, been going at that on and off for months and still only stage 5 or 6 [​IMG].