Kempston

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have Priloader installed and working fine on my Wii and have the white menu coming up whenever I power on. I have also created a backup of my nand using it. Is that all that is required to do a restore in case of a brick? I have read a lot about Bootmii but I haven't installed it, what is the difference between the two or are they completely different things? I have done a search but there doesn't seem to be anything concise.

Cheers.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Priiloader and BootMii are indeed two totally different things
Only BootMii is able to create and restore NAND backups, so you probably have that and not priiloader.
Having a NAND backup is not required for all bricks, but you can better have one to be sure.

Kempston

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I definitely created a nand backup and what I have installed is definitely Prilioader. I have a vague recollection of doing it via a Bootmii option in the Priiloader menu, I will have to double check that. Maybe I have both installed but I don't recall installing Bootmii when I softmodded my 4.2 Wii.

dan_s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bootmii is usually installed with the homebrew channel. No fancy installer or anything, takes about 1/2 a second which is why you probablly don't remember installing it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill