Hacking priiloader

skinneyb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have downloaded the priiloader rar file but not sure what to do with it i have made a new folder and renamed it priiloader-v0-3b and put the icon file the boot.dol file and the meta file in it and moved it to the sd\apps folder on the root of my sd card then downloaded the hacks ini file it was called old 4.1-4.2 hacks so renamed it to hacks and put that in the root of my sd card is this right thanks as there was also another rar file called loadpreloader but not sure if i need it and what i need to0 to with it thanks

stickybit

Trophies
XP
Country
i was gonna start a thread of regarding priiloader but thers 1 here already so...

i was thinking of putting priiloader on my wii also but in doing a bit of research i found that thers a high risk of bricking your wii or at the least
causing it a bit of hassle
it says its highly recomended not to install priiloader on a wii with modded ioses as problems may happen
so i really dont know what to do about it
whats the general way with putting priiloader on an already modded wii?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Check out My Priiloader Bundle Here.

Download it, copy the files to your sd card, launch priiloader, hold B then hit +, and its installed

it is safe to do, doesn't matter if u have modded IOSs. Whatever warning u read may have been about an older rev of priiloader, priiloader v0.2 was a "disaster" (quoting Daco, not my words)

My bundle also includes:
-8-in-1 hacks.ini file (for all 4.1 and 4.2 regions)
-hacks to jodi forwarder (a HBC forwarder channel named HAXX, so any old apps looking for the HAXX HBC will be redirected to the JODI homebrew channel)
-my priiloader shortcut channel (for system menu and/or for HBC)... only useful if u are too lazy to hold reset to access priiloader

the package also has a lot of older stable version of priiloader/preloader so that u can use the version that suits your needs best (although I recommend the latest version)

stickybit

Trophies
XP
Country
ok i got hacks.ini on my sd root and the bootdol/icon/meta in the apps folder so i will go to my wii and what then?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
you have the files saved in the wrong place (or at least what u wrote was wrong)

u have to save the boot.dol (and meta and icon) to SD:/apps/anyfoldername/
(NOT to SD:/apps/).

launch priiloader via the HBC, hold B then hit +, and its installed (u must have cIOS249 installed for this to work, presumably u've already installed this. If this fails, u can try installing it using IOS36 by hitting + without holding B)

after its installed, u have to hold reset while the wii is JUST being turned on to access priiloader (or u can use the shortcut channels in my link above).

From there, just go to settings and system menu hacks and set it up the way u want

stickybit

Trophies
XP
Country
sorry that was a typo yeah its in the file arrangement you said
sd/apps/priloader

yeah i got ios 249 so i hold b and +
this wont mess with any of my homebrew will it? usb loader/emus etc

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
no, this is totally safe to do, I've done it tons of times.

On older revs, some people get a files corrupted message when trying to launch the system menu, but because they still have access to priiloader, that problem was easily fixed. But the latest rev of priiloader should be fine (my point is, even if it fucks up, which is wont, you can fix it)

stickybit

Trophies
XP
Country
Xflack can i ask you some question about it before i go and install priiloader
ok fist of all my wii is pal 3.2e with homebrew ch and bootmii installed im on waninkos rev 17 and i use usb loader ALOT... im assuming all this is ok
and wont harm compatability with priiloader at all?
i do have a nand back up

2 if nothing works after i install priiloader eg usb loader etc or theres errors every where i turn what do i do?
3 if i decide i dont want priiloader on my wii once its installed what do i do to get ot off?
4 the main reason i want/need it is for bricking protection what other features does it offer?
5 how do i know iv got the latest version of priiloader?

i think thats all... so hold B and press + to install? ok i will try it shortly

edit
ok i had a quick look at it just the 1st screen i have rev 45 version 0.30... that ok?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
well, first off I would update to 4.1E or 4.2E if i were u, but u can stay on 3.2 if u prefer, but there isn't any benefit to being on 3.2 anymore (not since newer firmwares have been pwned)

do u have bootmii as boot2? if so, u don't NEED to install priiloader as u already have the best brick protection, if u only have bootmii as IOS then u should definitely install priiloader. But even if u have bootmii as boot2 u can install priiloader for its other functions (see #4)

no priiloader does not hurt compatibility with any HB apps.

2) uninstall priiloader (see #3), but i doubt u'll have problems like this

3) just launch the priiloader installer again, and this time hold b and press minus (or just press minus to use IOS36 to uninstall instead of IOS249). Another way to uninstall priiloader is to reinstall your system menu and use nand clean. And the last way is to restore a nand backup from before u had priiloader installed.

4) brick protection, system menu hacks (like regionfree everything, block updates, etc.), boot settings (u can set your wii to boot to usbloader directly, or to a crazy intro video, or to HBC, or to bootmii, or to priiloader, or u can let it continue booting to the system menu), there is a setting to make your wii ignore the turn off to idle setting (so your wii will always turn off to red instead of to yellow, unless you turn off the wii from within a homebrew app).

5) the latest released version as of now is priiloader v0.3b, it should say this in the meta.xml (or the HBC description of the installer), and it will also say the version on the first screen after launching the installer

seriously, just install the thing
biggrin.gif

stickybit

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks
now then bootmii as boot2? hmm im not sure... how will i find that out?
i know i have boot 2 and i got bootmii but im not sure if i have bootmii as boot2
i installed bootmii by accident lol when i 1st got my wii with a bunch of other apps n decided to keep it

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
lol, everyone has a boot2, lol, the Q is if u have bootmii as boot2

just launch the hackmii installer and it will tell u if u can install it as boot2, even if already installed as boot2, u can re-install it (not risky, so dont ask
wink.gif
)

if u just want to check, u can insert an sd card with the bootmii folder on it that was created when u installed it and see if bootmii starts as soon as u turn on your wii. If it does, u have bootmii as boot2, if it doesn't then u don't (but u should still check to see if u can install it!)

if u installed bootmii as long time ago, u should reinstall it anyways, there's been improvements made (just download the hackmii installer v0.6 and launch it using either the HBC or bannerbomb or whatever method u want)

stickybit

Trophies
XP
Country
ok i installed priiloader... was that it? lol... if only everthing worked as easy..very nice tool

ok questions...

1.. how do i return directly to usb loader from in game?
thers options in preloader to boot directly to boot mii and homebrew ch but not for usb loader

2.. thers these options install file etc what these for? when i click on them they just say error no file on sd or something like that
3.. is ther a way to go to priiloader manually? without having to switch off switch on hold reset etc?

4.. a minor question here nothing to do with priiloader when im on bootmii the wii remot doesnt work, only my gamecube pad.. why doesnt my wii remote work?

thanks

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
buddy, u need to do some research, these are very basic questions that have been answered... in fact, some of these questions were answered by me in my last post directed at you

1&2) u need to install a priiloader forwarder dol specifically for the usbloader u r using (can't tell u more cuz i dont know what loader ur using, either way, google it, if u use cfg loader, get the forwarder by "bad uncle", if u use usb loader gx, get the official forwarder for priiloader from their website). Install it, then go to settings, tell it to boot installed file, now every time u turn on your wii it will start ur usb loader. U can change the "return to" setting also, if u change that to installed file, everytime u try to get to the system menu it will launch the installed file.

while in game, to get back to the usb loader, u can power off the system and power it back on again. Or you can hit home and select reset, but sometimes this resets the console and other times it resets the game (depends on the game)

Obviously u need the .dol files saved in the root of your sd card otherwise it wont allow u to install them (explaining your error message)

3) do u mean, is there a way to launch it without getting up and holding reset... YES, i've only linked u to my priiloader shortcut channel post 2-4 times.

4) wiimotes don't work in bootmii, if u dont have a GC pad u can use the power and reset buttons to navigate the menu (power is move, reset is select)

glad 2 hear it worked for u

stickybit

Trophies
XP
Country
thank you xflack40 you have been incredibly helpful
sometimes im reading the actuall awnser to the problem im thinking of lol then i go and ask someone duh! lol

thanks for the help
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Oh you meant the game. Scratch what I said earlier +1